Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

1.3 update news.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 9 Aug 2012.

By Pawned on 9 Aug 2012 at 12:18
  1. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Dear Pawncraft,

We're sorry that it is taking us so long to update the server to 1.3. We're normally the first of all servers to update, however that is not the case this time. We're trying to make the world perfect before we update, but as this most likely won't happen until next week we are going to do some quick polishing up and then update for you.

We had planned on generating the entire world ready, but this is taking a very long time (it's been going for about a day and a half now and only managed to generate 29% of the world (the world is double the size of the 1.2 map!)) so we will be stopping this generation task soon as it is creating a lot of lag, and doing what we can with what is rendered.

Here's a short FAQ on a few questions I've seen, and ones I think you may be wondering:

Q. Why are you generating the entire map?
    A. This is for two reasons. The first reason is that we're planning to make portals to the wilderness, we want to be able to see the entire world to be able to select the best spots for these portals. The second reason is that we wanted you to have a fully rendered map to use from day 1.

Q. Why did you copy the CC so early?
    A. The Chest Complex was copied early because we didn't think it'd take us this long to get a public version of 1.3 Pawncraft ready.

Q. Has money and mcmmo levels already been copied?
    A. Yes, they have. HOWEVER, we are copying them again once we update to ensure that you have your most recent stats.

Q. Why has communication been lacking?
    A. This is mostly my fault, and I'm sorry for that. I've been under a lot of stress getting the server updated and have had some personal problems recently.

Q. So, when will Pawncraft be updated then?
    A. Hopefully within a day or two, but it will definitely be updated by the end of the week (Assuming our multiworld plugin gets an update by then).

Q. Are there any new additions, or changes to plugins?
    A. There is a new addition, one which I think you'll love as well as a change with our portal and gate (portcullis) systems. I won't go into too much detail as we want it to be a surprise :)

Q. Has the building that I requested to be copied over been copied yet?
    A. Yes. All the applications that were sent to me have been copied.

I hope this thread is informative, and helps you to understand what's going on. If you have any questions then please feel free to ask them.

We hope you enjoy the update.

- Pawncraft Team

TheKinglyarab and jkerr like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 9 Aug 2012.