Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

A couple changes.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 19 Aug 2012.

By Pawned on 19 Aug 2012 at 23:07
  1. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

After some quick monitoring of plugin performance, it was easy to determine that Towny and MagicCarpet were lagging A LOT more than all of the other plugins. Because of this, these 2 plugins have been removed.

To replace /mc, we have implemented a /fly command. This functions just like Creative mode, type /fly then double tap space to start flying. You can later type /flyoff to stop flying (or just land on the ground) or to stop double-tapping space entering you to fly mode.

A Towny replacement is yet to come.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]
    AFTER

[​IMG]

We hope you enjoy the update.

- Pawncraft Team

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 19 Aug 2012.

1. Miralynn
      Miralynn
      ... Fly =/= Creative mode (aka immune to lava, etc? )
    2. Pawned
      Pawned
      Nope - you're still in survival mode, but the fly works just like creative mode flying.
    3. Vork Moin
      Vork Moin
      Do you take fall damage when you land on the ground?
    4. Pawned
      Pawned
      Only when you exit out of fly in the middle of the air.
    5. jkerr
      jkerr
      It's actually pretty sweet.
    6. Tedx68racing
      Tedx68racing
      I'm suprised at the amount of lag two plugins caused, especially considering we have over 50 plugins and that nobody currently has a large town running off of Towny. But I guess they just need patched for 1.3 or something.
    7. the_amber_trap
      the_amber_trap
      I am actually quite happy about this, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows I didn't like towny anyway.

Those of you who are building should be more vigilant regarding grief. Notify staff the instant you find any, and we will take action.
    8. Vampireblood5
      Vampireblood5
      Darn, just when i was planning my city QQ
    9. Vork Moin
      Vork Moin
      Darn, just when I had enough money for my city. QQ
    10. Miralynn
      Miralynn
      Yes, because its not like the staff have a busy workload as it is right now, with Towny in place. The cure is always better than the prevention I always say.
    11. crinkle
      crinkle
      If the staff do have a bsuy workload, just use /report and include greif coordinates. And we'll get back to you.
      StarScore likes this.
    12. StarScore
      StarScore
      You can build a city without plugins. The server is protecting/recording the whole world. Some other servers out there are not doing that to save server resources and are using plugins as towny as a premium service to just protect the towns.
    13. tweet
      tweet
      Great to have it all back! I think I'll prefer /fly to /mc anyway - it's quicker to toggle and lag can sometimes play nasty tricks on your mc, sometimes sending one plummeting ground-wards.

Time will tell if towny's absence detracts from The Pawncraft Experience [patent pending]
    14. Vampireblood5
      Vampireblood5
      I know right QQ
    15. Vork Moin
      Vork Moin
      QQ
    16. Miralynn
      Miralynn
      Small 'issue' with /fly. When im flying, breaking blocks takes twice as long then when im standing on the ground. Is this supposed to happen or....?
    17. Bankercat3
      Bankercat3
      I don't think there's a way around that. When you're in mid-jump, breaking takes twice as long. Since flying is constantly being in the air, I think it's the same thing.