Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Auction spam and general shenanigans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tedx68racing, 15 Aug 2012.

1. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

2. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

I don't see le screenshots.

3. Minatoman10

Minatoman10 Member

ted just gonna say That you probably haven't been on the server as long as I have and that the plugin was here before I was and then taken out the server was a lot better with it in because most people on pawncraft haven't seen the mod they want to use it tomorrow it wont be like this there wont be many auctions at all. If Alex does increase the taxes like I heard she would then I think shes being a little immature.

4. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

It looks like I'm randomly updating my price in the screenshots, but it's the plugin doing it for me. It's automatically putting it 1 Pawn higher than what other people are bidding (up to a set maximum). I loved the auction plugin back in the day and I love it now. Major downside is the outrageous tax :mad: but the "spam" will likely disappear over the next day or so as people get used to the plugin.

While we're on it though, the spleef plugin is once again announcing everything to everyone on the server - I don't know what you did before, but better do it again :p

TheRowan likes this.
  5. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

There's a link.

Edit: And I'd prefer if you would respect "Alex" a little bit more, Mina. Besides, we have Sign Shop too, and must we REALLY have two different ways of material trade for the sole reason that the more seasoned players want some nostalgia? Seams unreasonable to me. In addition, the tax is high enough that it would be more effective to use the Sign Shop plugin. But your argument is noted, I'll see if anyone comes up with a decent compromise soon. I'll also take the time to move my compromise/plugin thread to the proper forum section. (as it was originally in the wrong place)

6. Axelmotley

I understand playing around with it once or twice. That's ok, I don't mind that. But after seeing it 20 times in a row, I had enough. I warned all of you to cut it out after seeing it spam my screen twice. I was trying to help players at the time and what they were saying kept disappearing. I had to lookup the chats multiple times in order to see their questions. So Pawned, I guess you have you have three options:
    a) Remove it
    b) Fix it so regular players do not have to see all that lovely spam.
    c) Come up with a better idea that satisfies both ends of this.
    Also, if I remember reading the thread correctly the majority of players who voted, voted no to this being put in-game. I was under the impression that this was being put in because the spam issue was fixed. If this doesn't go through I'm afraid that we'll be like every other server that spams players in-game, which is something I will not stand for. This needs to be fixed.

1. My name isn't Alex.
    2. Your grammar is horrid.
    3. I'm not in charge of this plugin, the plugin was probably turned off because of overuse. I cannot touch plugins. Therefore I cannot increase taxes or take it away. So when it was taken away heres a heads up: It. Wasn't. Me.
    4. I was being immature? I warned you multiple times to cut it out. Isn't one of the rules to "Obey staff" I understand that its a "new plugin". But as you say, didn't they have it in a previous map? So it wouldn't be new to you?

**On a side note, remove spleef for now because players are abusing it for items. kthanks

7. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

One can execute the lovely /auction stfu command, which I mentioned in the original Auction suggestion, and anti-auction threads to avoid the spam.

[​IMG]

Tootitbootit likes this.
  8. Axelmotley

Please put this as one of the options when we type /auction ?