Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

+b EpicCookieJar

Discussion in 'Bans' started by SupWithThat, 2 Dec 2011.

1. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

Reason: Abusing moderator powers in order to PVP.

Time/date: 02/12/2011

Duration: Until satisfactory appeal.

After numerous reports of this behaviour I, and other Admins, have been observing him. Until today, we were only able to observe him flying around in diamond armour with a sword in his hand, but never actually killing anyone. Today I followed EpicCookieJar for about thirty minutes, he flew to the base of a member and then waited for him to exit his house - when he realised he couldn't keep up, he then flew to the member in order to finish him off.

He then proceeded to accuse me of lying about the whole thing and claimed he walked to the castle.

Proof:
    [​IMG]

2. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Proof please.

3. SupWithThat

4. EpicCookieJar

EpicCookieJar You got to love my cookies!

This is not True, I ran to him in order to kill him. I indeed flown to the base with was located several meters away from the spawn. I turned of fly-mod far out of range for the player. After that I didn't turned it back on. I only used fly-mod to skip the walking part.

I didn't know it wasn't legal to use fly-mod to travel between the spawn and many blocks away from its base cause it doesn't effect any of the battle. I always to to play fair. In 1.0 I discovered the fun of killing but despite my moderator status I would like to do it. I always turn of any powers to keep battles fair, my enemies can prove this.

You also could have told me this since you were following me several day's. I would have stopped it eminently since I didn't know it wasn't legal to fly between 2 destinations . I feel like you would like to see me banned and demoted after you don't want to discuss this with me on IRC and not ether here. You also did post the first 3 seconds of our conversation.. witch isn't really proof

5. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Well, epic has always been a fair honest player. I do understand the situation and fully back epic. He has admitted his wrong doings unlike other players who demand proof and straight deny what they didn't want to see. To be quite honest, i don't see why you should have taken the action to follow him and monitor his behavior? Should you not have faith in pawned's decisions of staff ? Not as if he lets anybody in staff. Considering this is a first appearing in the +B section maybe epic generally didn't know he couldn'y fly part way to the user. It'd be an absolute shame to see such a good Mod and member of the community severely punished for something he generally knew little about. As a mod he is meant to set an example but i believe he has learnt from this and will come of for the better on it. Learning yet another experience on Pawncraft.

6. SupWithThat

I'm at a complete loss at to what about me responding to the accusations of the players in the server indicates that I have a lack of faith in Pawned's decisions of who he does, or doesn't promote? The past, and future, will prove that promotion does not rule out wrong doing on the part of the player - and wrong doing will always warrant action befitting.

I will not look the other way based on a players rank.

7. EpicPixelboy

EpicPixelboy Builder

I think SupWithThat should have warned EpicCookieJar first. He obviously didn't know he was doing any wrong, so banning him right away seems not right.

8. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

I Agree pixel - Should of been told "Right, that isn't allowed etc." Then he'd of stopped. I very much doubt he'd have carried on and put his mod in jeopardy

EpicCookieJar likes this.
  9. EpicCookieJar

This indeed my problem port, I thought it would be legal because the flying to the base doesnt effect anything about the battle. I always have turned of fly-mod far from the location where the player would be (Even when there is nobody). If you would have told be instead of sneaking around and try to get me banned I would stop that eminently

I play in this server for almost a year and never have committed a crime. If you asked I would stop

10. [1337]Skinback

[1337]Skinback Active Member

Ok my 2cents for what it is worth. You all know i pvp. when i go to fight i walk there i play as though im a normal player that includes not flying. In pvp mode i will only fly when im called as a moderator and then i will only do this when i have finished a attack or died. When my moderator duty is done i will fly back down and go to pvp mode. the only reason i use fly is to move away so i dont interfere and im safe so i can deal with whatever problem has arrived.

From what i read Supwiththat did you or any admin pull him to one side and discuss your concerns with his flying. I myself feel is how this should have been dealt with at first and not gone to this stage. If you already did then this is the correct route to go down again my feelings only. Anyway i will leave this at this and hope its resolved ok as i find Epiccookie to be a good fair player and that this could just be a simple misunderstanding and that maybe there should of been someone to tell new moderators the limits to flying.

11. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

I've had a think, and I'm going to tell you all what I think I thought when I was doing the thinking. I think it's just a misunderstanding on Cookie's part. If he'd have wanted to exploit his powers to aid him in pvp surely he would have simply teleported there? I don't think flying anywhere whilst not doing staff business is justified, and like skin's way of dealing with it, but everyone makes mistakes. Now Cookie knows it was wrong I'm sure this can be easily resolved.

I also thought some thoughts about the way Sup dealt with the situation. Obviously I'm not aware of all goings on but from what I can see it looked like it was fairly justified. When an admin (or moderator) see's a wrongdoing their first priority is to stop it. Imagine it from Sup's point of view: You follow someone around for a while and observe them exploiting powers to pvp. You need to stop this happening quickly, and the easiest way of doing so is to ban the offender. Maybe in hindsight it was a wrong move, but I see no reason to hate on Sup for acting the way he did.

12. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

So that's how you got back to Logic HQ so quickly, Diage said something was fishy about how fast you got back.

13. EpicCookieJar

He
    He banned me clearly after I killed they guy, since I disabled fly-mod several minutes before the kill happend I see no reason to ban me than quicly cause there was nothing to prevent anymore

14. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Just saying, but most people that are banned generally aren't warned first. If we find a grief, we rollback it and then ban the person. I'm failing at seeing the difference between our usual habits and this ban.

For the short time we had Movecraft, TPing people to you and then using Movecraft to group attack was considered TP killing. More or less the same circumstances.

Using admin/moderator powers for the purpose of creating/participating in PVP generally isn't a good idea. MrDuskling was penalized for doing something similar, if my memory serves me.

15. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

All staff members should understand, without needing to be warned, that using their powers for anything aside from staff duties or building on their own (as server needs frequently cut into game time) will result in administrative action. This is the same as expecting members to know the rules whether they've read them or not. I don't need to warn griefers that they will get banned if they continue their actions, and I shouldn't need to warn any staff member that they need to be more conscious of how they use their powers.

16. [1337]Skinback

[1337]Skinback Active Member

fair comments by both Amber and dhugg i see all sides of this discussion and they are all correct. In reading this again it is the correct route and as Amber said he shouldnt have to explain what is what. I myself worked out how i should handle my pvp fun and no use of powers im pretty sure they are ok. On a side note if you think that im wrong in some way please tell me.

17. Krigekongen

Krigekongen Build Team Member VIP

Somethings to look at.

Epic admitted doing this, if he had not the ban would not be eligible and therefore he would be unbanned. Epic must have genuinely thought that this was legal to do and there is solid proof he is a honest player. He did something wrong and should be punished. He SHOULD NOT be demoted or be banned for more than a week top. I'd advise Epic to make a ban appeal and tell the whole story.