Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.8.x
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

+b pullan1234 / Portrend

Discussion in 'Bans' started by Dhugg, 29 Nov 2011.

1. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Reason : Disrespect of an admin and refusal to obey an admin.

Length : One week from time of ban.

[​IMG]

(Sorry this is late. I was going to be late for a Univ class which was a review for my final)

I was called in by a member of Herpy in response to a supposed /home misuse. I was informed that a member of the Mages had set their /home in the Herpy HQ, or where ever exactly it was. I proceeded to teleport myself into the home of every member of the Mages that had logged in within the past day. This took a fair amount of time, but meanwhile, Herpy and a number of other clans were essentially mass killing each other, due to them being at war. As I continued teleporting through the /homes, both sides claimed that the other was exploiting and breaking numerous rules. It eventually degenerated to the point where it was just plain annoying and immature, so I ordered that both sides stop the war / PVP.

At this point, most of the involved players stopped as requested. Portrend did not, and repeatedly stated how I was wrong and began vocally complaining that he there was no reason that he should have to stop. After numerous and repeated warnings to stop the PVP, with Portrend continung to argue there was no reason for him to stop, he was banned.

Before the ban, I was sitting in console (Which, you'll have to take my work, isn't exactly easy to follow chat through) I saw through /ally chat that people were planning to stop, only to then continue on shortly afterwards. I pointed this out and stated something along the lines of "Continuing any of this will result in a ban."

Anyway, towards the end, I was pretty much rushing to get the whole PVP conflict settled, since I really had to leave at that point. I wasn't going to be able to deal with all of the accusations, even if there was proof to back them up, which is why I asked for the PVP to stop. Regardless, there was no proof given besides hearsay, so I would not have been able to act. The PVP conflict clearly was also getting out of hand.

I was not able to get the whole conversation in IRC screenshotted as proof, again because I was rushing to leave.

2. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Due to your rush i think you missed me saying the reason i disagreed with the total stop which could have altered your decision.

3. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Then why not post it instead of being cryptic?

4. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

It's in my ban appeal ?

5. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Length has been set as 1 week. This will not be changed, seeing as how even this time is extremely lenient, especially taking into consideration that you were let off of bans earlier the day before due to griefing and multikilling.

6. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Can i have atleast IRC unban now then please ?

7. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Should be unbanned from IRC now.

8. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Sorry to intervene, but I'm putting this player on a permanent ban. Very minor chance of being unbanned after an appeal. And for reasons that not need be brought to the public (No, they're not related to his IRC ban today).

9. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Well, may i know why ? Inbox if you need.