Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

+b Recidivist

Discussion in 'Bans' started by SupWithThat, 4 Mar 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

Reason: Disrespecting members and attempting to circumvent rules regarding grief.

Time/date: 04/03/2012

Duration: Permanent.

Proof:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Additional comment: I moved his creation away (as you can see in the background) and told him to build on that spot instead. He said this was abuse of my power and that he had the right to build where he wanted, and that he wanted to build in that exact spot. He then continued to rebuild over kingly's design more than 10 times despite being told to stop repeatedly.

Also found this from him:
    [​IMG]

Initially removed it in the interest of showing some leniency (and is the third time I've done so for this player) but after later behaviour I went back to screenshot.

Closing statement: Laughable

TheKinglyarab and Tootitbootit like this.
  2. TheKinglyarab

TheKinglyarab Legend

im sorry but i couldnt help but chuckle at that last picture. But yes he was totally trying to get around the rules. I guess you could say he was abusing his creative privelage

Portrend likes this.
  3. Recidivist

Recidivist Member

So I'm going to bring this up here. I consulted with Pawned and asked is building in front of him was against the rules, he said no, so I did so. What reason is there to move my building if it is not breaking a rule? You were abusing your admin in a petty vengeance because you think I'm racist.

Now, down to the racist part. Sup has been spreading some lies that I said to "burn n*ggers". I never said this and Pawned will testify to this as he was in the conversation. Sup has shown his pettiness today by using the term "fags" to describe people. "Fags" is a derogatory term for homosexuals, much like the N word is a derogatory word for black people. I may have used the "n" word, but in a similar way that Sup used the term "fags", I used it against nobody in particular and have nothing against blacks. I fail to see a difference here. I said it in a private conversation and meant no harm to anyone, the fact that i reached Sup is a whole different issue. Now, I was banned for bringing this up in IRC, that Sup has no problem using homophobic terms, but will abuse his admin against someone who used a different term in a similar way. It is apparent that many of you have no interested in coming to your own conclusions about this matter and chose to blindly follow what Sup says. That's...unsurprising.

My point; I'm not a racist and it's unlikely that Sup is homophobic, so I don't see why there is a problem here. Secondly, I broke no rules, so I contest this ban. Also, it was meant as a joke with Superdood, as we seemed to get along.

Roosternoodle likes this.
  4. SupWithThat

If you think I'm an abusive admin then please file a complaint against myself and let it be dealt with accordingly. Abusing staff powers would be a bannable offense so please post it here.

As stands with the ban: Words are wind, you're permabanned - as you should have been many moons ago.

Edit: You were banned from IRC because your permabanned in-game. As was Master_Prodigy, as was Krigekongen, as was Portrend when he was permabanned - as have been many others.

Portrend likes this.
  5. Krigekongen

Krigekongen Build Team Member VIP

If I'm not too wrong there is a rule about Wiki trolling and something in that sense, where the penalty was a exclusion from Pawncraft services, so I thought I could include this fun little picture!

Attached Files:

• Lolz.png
      Lolz.png
      File size:
      130.3 KB
      Views:
  6. [1337]Skinback

[1337]Skinback Active Member

Ignoring your comments about racism and gays and getting back to your creation. You state that there is no one rule that fully states that a player cannot build a creation next to on top or under there creation. Well there is a small thing about respect of other players and you here are clearly not doing that. Something to think on next time use your brain and go hey someone is building here i will build somewhere else. Sup is alot older than you and can clearly see that your actions are just that of a child.

TheKinglyarab likes this.
  7. Roosternoodle

Roosternoodle Member

Krige where did you get that chrome background looks cool.

8. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

Also, I never realized we have a wiki. Registering right away!

EDIT: Oh god, I just spent four and a half hours on editing articles and now it's 01:30 AM. Duh.

TheKinglyarab and the_amber_trap like this.
  9. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

That's why I can't visit that much. It would just take so long to write down everything.

10. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

How do I register on the wiki ? xDD

11. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

By clicking the Login / Register button...?

12. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman!

By the way, if you connect a block to someones creation, isn't that also griefing?

13. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Found it thanks :D

14. MissVera

MissVera Builder

A few side notes...

Now we ban people for not breaking rules, but doing something close enough? I'm not sure I get it. He was building, did it alter someone elses creation, or just block it? Is there a rule about how far we should build from other people in creative? In another thread, people just got done discussing how it would be more appropriate to build one layer in front, as a joke, http://pawncraft.co.uk/xf/threads/creative-griefing.6172/#post-51788

As far as the last picture, if he was trying to be a douche, theres worse things he couldve said... obviously it was a joke.

I also dont see why everyone skipped over the racism/derogatory debate. If Reci feels like he's being thrown under the bus over a comment he made, then bringing it up has merit. And, if Sup IS calling people "Fags" that's pretty unprofessional as well, and should be looked into (In another thread), not brushed aside.

Meh. I'm too tired to shape this into coherent thought, but, I tried :p

Roosternoodle likes this.
  15. Ok, Reci. 'It was a joke with Superdood, as we get along' Um... We get along? When have you EVER said that before?

16. SupWithThat

"If you think I'm an abusive admin then please file a complaint against myself and let it be dealt with accordingly. Abusing staff powers would be a bannable offense so please post it here."

Hardly brushing it aside - Furthermore, I wasn't calling anyone a fag, I used the word 'fags' as part of the sentence in local 'Meh, relationships are for fags anyways' when mockingly referring to the fact I've been single for quite some time. I then, as anyone in-game at the time can attest, apologised in global to anyone who might have saw it.

There was a whole period where everyone in the forums and in-game was using the term 'Mage Fags' - We didn't implement a staff enquiry into every instance of it's usage - using the term 'Mage Niggers' would have been quite a different matter, however, so I simply don't accept that what I said was even remotely insulting to anyone, nor was it directed at anyone or viewable by anyone other than those participating in the conversation (Me and Mira, and inadvertently - Reci). He's simply grasping at straws to try and demonise me.

- Break -

This ban doesn't simply refer to this one incident, Recidivist has been 'permabanned' multiple times now and has never failed to make us regret unbanning him. Kingly Azore was building an Android symbol, with his name coming out of the chest. Recidivist then took it upon himself to build an exact clone of Kingly's android emblem directly in front of it to block Kingly's name from being built.

I copied Recidivist's version and pasted it less than 50 blocks away and told him to resume work there - Recidivist then accused me of 'deleting' his creation and said he wanted to build in that exact spot, as was his right (he felt). He then proceeded to keep building in the same spot, despite the fact that he was now building INSIDE kingly's creation as the 3d name was now petruding over the spot.

- Break -

I have spoken to three seperate members of staff about this ban and every single one of them thinks that this player should have never been unbanned in the first place and should have been permabanned a long time ago, moreover, they think that his actions in this instance were pure childish complacency in the fact that he may be real life friend of Pawned's and believes that he will never really be permabanned and that the decisions of other staff don't really apply to him.

I defend my actions, but I will accept any decisions as to whether I was abusive and whether or not my apology for using the word 'fags' is indeed unsatisfactory - I will NOT, however, accept that simple bending the rules to enable someone to ruin the server experience of others is acceptable - nor will I suffer a single second of this player again. He's gone, it's done - he's permabanned.

TheKinglyarab, Portrend and Miralynn like this.
  17. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

Now where do I start...

I think this statement is self-explanatory. You building in-front of his creation to purposely spite someone is not being respectful. I see no creativity in your creation. Instead, you are taunting the original creator; which is disrespectful. If you think there is nothing wrong with your actions, then you got some messed up morals. Seeing as you are the only participant, I don't see how it is a joke. I have yet to see the other person post here saying it was all a joke.

No where does it say that you have the option to ignore a staff member's direction. In fact, it says you have to do what the staff member says, and if you have a problem, you post a complaint. Thus, you broke this rule as well when you did not cooperate.

I think this too is self- explanatory. You were seen as disrespecting other community members, or otherwise making insulting suggestions about their sexuality, which in my eyes atleast, should not be tolerated in a proper community. Thus, people saying, " He did not break a rule directly," is not exactly a proper defense.

Calling someone "gay" when they are gay is totally fine; it's a fact. But, if you start throwing the word around like a derogatory cuss word that is wrong. You are insulting all gays in the world, and using the negativity that surround them in today's world to insult someone else. I am sure there other words that he could have used but I don't think that is very important. The important fact is that he alluded to someone else's sexuality without even knowing that person, and done so to cause embarrassment, and some sort of emotional reaction out of the other person. Such childish behavior does not belong in a community, and is insulting; thus it is against the rules.

Now, it does not have to specifically state in the rules, "you can do this, and you can't do this." for every case. That is how rules are written for children. For young adults, and adults, the rules are flexible guidelines. It is intended to be that the "spirit of the law or rules" be followed; not the exact wordings of said rules. The spirit of the law is what is implied by the certain rules or laws; it doesn't have to spell out for you what you can't do. I do believe that " No insulting other members of the community,' and "Respect other people," suffices. I think most people know what is disrespectful, and what is not. We do not need to create a 100 rules for every instance just because someone thinks a certain action is not disrespectful.

18. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Recidivist never said to "burn n*ggers". Stop saying that he did. Recidivist will not be unbanned - thread closed.

TheKinglyarab and Portrend like this.
  19. MrHobbits

MrHobbits The Angry Panda Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.