Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Ban Request:- Bowbis23

Discussion in 'Report' started by Portrend, 22 Apr 2012.

1. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

Name (In Game Name): Bowbis23

Time/Date: 9:20AM UTC/GMT +1 22nd April 2012

Reason: Exploiting Towny Set Permissions (Elmore)

Evidence
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Extra Comment: I just went to "/spawn" and went to the town Elmore (Owned by xICaerusIx), Upon arrival I could see a name in a house. So I ender pearled on top of the house and noticed a hole for a stairway in the roof. So I came downt he stairway and there was bowbis (Pictured above in the screenshots). He was in his basement doing his thing while I chilled with the cows. About 2-5 Minutes later Ice (Also pictured above, and house owner) Came in and was asking me to "get out" but I couldn't because he plugged the hole up.

Bowbis then proceeded to throw lava down so I would be set on fire. Elmore has it's PVP off so I couldn't defend myself. I just jumped around like a crazy cow on fire (If you've seen the screenshots you'll know why xD). He damaged my brand new high enchanted armour quite abit so this is why i'm posting this ban request. I just want some justice. I don't mind a good ole legit kill but this is just frustrating. I will admit, if I didn't go in there it wouldn't have happened but that's not the point.

So to conclude, Bowbis exploited the towny plugin's settings set by Caerus for the town Elmore to injure somebody he "didn't want in his house."

PS: I don't know if I included a screenshot, but he was calling me a "fucking hacker" just because I used an enderpearl and persisted in telling me I was flying.

Thank you.​

2. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

We told you multiple times (me and ice) for pullan to get out. he left and came back right after. We didn't plug up the hole you came into until after the 2nd time u left, and when we did it was because we thought had finally left. And in my defense i went and got a lava bucket after the 6-8 time we told him to leave. I did not intend to kill nor to make him loose durability on his items. And to be honest he was talking about fare kills but he was teleport killing the same day , and there were multiple complaints about it (ask slugboytom). Okay i will accept my ban if needed, but i respectfully agree with some of the things pullan has to say.

3. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman! RAINBRO

I just think Portrend has a point here.

Killing people in a no pvp zone could be counted exploiting the system?

Portrend likes this.
  4. ice126

ice126 Member

Yes it could be but he would not stop annoying use also this was not the first time he had stalked near are house. Once he even he killed bowbis22 that same day right outside are house.

5. Portrend

Seriously, how could I get out. You plugged the hole up.

6. Portrend

the teleport incident was cleared up, I acted in self defense. You cannot just bring up previous cases and expect me to be banned when something was already cleared up.

7. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

we gave you multiple opportunity's to let yourself out. i don't know why you didn't just leave the first time we said leave.

8. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

i am putting a picture of one of the many times we told pullan to leave, but he didn't.

Attached Files:

9. Portrend

I couldn't Like i said. You blocked me in xD

10. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

I know im not concerned in this, but i dislike the way people go into someones house and then cry about getting killed etc etc by them. I know he might have exploited, fair enough, but if you go into someones house you should expect to be attacked or killed. You can hardly blame them for panicking when you go into their house in full damond armour and try to kill them. Its only natural that they want to defend themselves, for a clan that likes to pvp, you certainly seem to whine about other people killing/attacking you a lot.

11. Tootitbootit

TheRowan, you can stalk / sneak up to people, it's nothing that is against the rules.

Killing in a no - pvp area however, is against the rules (exploiting the system?)

12. TheRowan

I know that, but its natural for people to want to defend themselves if people attack them, for all we know he panicked and threw lava without realising that it would be exploiting the town no pvp.

13. Tootitbootit

So, I can grief a whole place and say :
    Oh, was I griefing? I wasn't aware of that!

14. TheRowan

No, but its harder to realise that your in a no pvp zone, especially if new sih to the server than, oh nothing will happen if i break these blocks.

15. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

Thank you for seeing it my way.

16. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

Both were both at fault here (though Port didn't actually break any rules as far as I could see).

There was no way Port could have hurt you guys because of Towny, thus by using lava to try to hurt him in a non-pvp area is exploiting. You have an unfair advantage in this instant over Port. TheRowan, pvp is fine, and I totally agree with you but when there are specific areas where there is no pvp, one party being able to hurt/kill the other shouldn't be exploited; no matter the case. The proper thing to do was to simply tell him to leave(which you did), and then ignore him if he doesn't. Or you could have asked an Admin to ask him to leave. All very reasonable solutions.

I agree with this; just not in this case. They were in a no pvp area. Thus they had nothing to worry about. He didn't make any hostile acts because he couldn't. Thus, they were the ones who aggressed him; in a spot where he can't defend himself. Just because someone is in your house, or refuses to leave does not entitle you to kill them in a non pvp area.

Even though there is no rule against getting into someone's house, or a rule that says you have leave because someone tells you, it is still a common courtesy. Port, I understand you couldn't physically get out, but /home, and /spawn still existed. You staying only aggravated them more. Thus, you pushed them to lava you.

I think the best solution is for both parties to just move on, and stay away from each other for a while.

Axelmotley likes this.
  17. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

i did not kill him. i only wanted him to leave me alone because he had killed me and my friends in the past. i did not to intend to kill him either. i don't know where him being killed had come from. and i did not take a hostile aproche until after he came back the second time, and continued to not obey us as it was in our friends town and in our house (our being me and ice).

18. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

I have said that what you guys did was wrong yes. But his actions, and his inaction was also the cause of the problem. Thus, instead of leaving, he insisted on staying there, and knowingly caused more trouble. So both parties are at fault. You cannot say that you didn't do anything wrong, and neither can he. Bottom line Bowbis, you went around Towny protection to purposely hurt him; whatever the reason. There is nothing that stops people from going into your town; no rule. He doesn't have to "obey" you for being in a certain spot. So for you to take it into your hands is wrong; just notify a staff member, and majority of the time, it would be taken care of. That is where you went wrong. Port should have not stayed, and kept egging you guys on; he was being an ass. That is where he was wrong. So the best solution is to stay away from each other. Simple.

Additional comment: I totally understand how you feel Bowbis. Port can be a total ass sometimes, but in the future just ask him to leave, and if he doesn't ask an admin for help. One of us usually would sort it out fairly.

19. Bowbis

Bowbis Member

I know what i did was wrong and accept responsibly for it.. but i did not like how pullan was just trolling in a way. we did ask him multiple times to leave and he didn't. I honestly think we are both definitely at fault and that we should just stop talking about it because it is just a waste of peoples time. In conclusion i will accept a punishment, (if needed) and do apologize to pullan for over reacting.

20. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Port, you could have easily gotten out by using /home or /spawn. Claiming you were trapped because they plugged the hole you entered through is laughable.

MrSone likes this.