Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Cjcoolio12345's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Curtis, 12 Jun 2012.

1. Curtis

Curtis Member

IGN:
    My in-game-name is cjcoolio12345.
    I am currently 12 years old, though I turn 13 on July 12.
    What game do you want to administrate?:
    I would like to administrate Minecraft.
    Why do you want to become an admin?:
    I would personally like to become an administrator for the Pawncraft server for a multitude of reasons. First off, I have always been driven to help anyone I meet in any way I can. Being an administrator will give me a chance to help the many users of this server. Secondly, a lot of the time when I get on, there is either one or no administrators. This means that if me or any of the other members need help, we have none. Since I get on multiple times a day, spanning over the entire day, I would solve a lot of these problem areas. Finally, I am a very interdependent person, that's why I play on multiplayer servers like Pawncraft. This means that I usually get into conversations with people. If they are participating in a conversation with an administrator when they need help, they are more likely to ask for help, and in turn get helped.
    Why do you think you should become an admin?:
    I believe I should be an administrator for a few separate reasons. First off, I am a person who wants to be friends with everyone. Though I know this is not possible, this trait will help me while administrating because people respond better to a positive approach. If the problem is just a misunderstanding, but an administrator comes in guns blaring, it can quickly develop into a hostile situation, which may lead to someones Pawncraft experience being ruined. Second, as I previously stated, I get on at varying intervals all day. This will help to further prevent problems growing because no administrators are currently on to take care of it. Last but not least, I am known at least a little but most members of Pawncraft. This means most people will know me as a member before they know me as an administrator. They will most likely feel more allowed to ask for help, since they would have known me as a normal player, like them.
    Have you ever been an admin before?:
    I have previously held two administrator positions on a vanilla server, and a moded server.
    Anything else you would like us to know:
    Pawncraft is truly my favorite server. It is they only server I play on and it will make me feel so good to be able to give back to the amazing community that has made my Minecraft experience so much better.
    Location(Country):
    I currently reside in Texas, USA.

2. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

HOW will you help people on the server? Please be specific.

Being friendly to the people on our server is a very good trait. But keep in mind you will HAVE to be mean at times. You cannot be loved by everyone.

Please elaborate on HOW you will help our server. Also, include some more personal traits about how you deal with conflict and you may even bring in examples if you like. (Make your app more detailed this one doesn't seem very well thought out.)

Note*: We don't judge by age we judge by the worthiness of the candidate.

3. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Never griefed? What do you call burning down a whole village?

On top of that, you haven't really be very active on the forums. I see you in game sporadically, but that might not mean anything, as life has a way of making me log in sporadically.

Your answers don't really mean much to me or show much thought, and the grammar, though far from the worst I've seen, makes me want to do terrible things.
    A well written application will show your maturity and will also stick out a bit more and make you look like an intelligent, capable addition to our staff. I'd also advise you not to mention not griefing, as that's not entirely true and we honestly expect that of our staff anyway.

4. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

5. the_amber_trap

I went all sorts of fancy-pants and linked that in my reply already.

pongolongo and Miralynn like this.
  6. Curtis

Curtis Member

I have apologized for the NPC village incident, I truly believed it was an unused village.
    I understand what you mean, however I disagree. Any people who deserve to be treated kindly will not have cheated or broken the rules, unless they did so unknowingly, in which case a mean approach might make them spiteful. I will help the server by making sure everyone is enjoying themselves, as that is the point of minecraft. In my personal life, I resolve issues by making both sides see the other's opinion. When this fails I help the problem reach a compromise in which everyone is happy. For example, when one of my friends had a bad relationship with a teacher, and it was causing his grades to drop, I helped him see the reasons why the teacher disliked him, and when he fixed those flaws, the teacher gave him a second chance. And I respect your policy on not judging by age. Thank you, Curtis aka cjcoolio12345

7. Curtis

Curtis Member

I apologize for my improper grammar, I will make a true attempt to fix it whenever possible.
    Could you explain why they don't mean much to you so that I can elaborate in a way that will show my true thoughts? And I understand what you mean about not mentioning not griefing, as it should have been common sense to me that it was expected.
    Thank you, Curtis aka cjcoolio12345

8. the_amber_trap

Your answers are generic and show neither thought nor substance. They're nothing I haven't seen people post before in applications, and they don't show how you, specifically you, deserve the trust and responsibility of the position.

9. Curtis

Curtis Member

Would real-life examples help show that I am deserving of the position?

10. the_amber_trap

Not necessarily. It'd be easy to make up stories.

11. Curtis

Curtis Member

Good point. So what can I do to show you I would make a good addition to the staff?
    Thank you- Curtis aka cjcoolio12345

12. the_amber_trap

At this point, you've been given sufficient advice: revise your application to correct grammar and punctuation, correct your answers to show more thought and maturity, and be more active and helpful in both the forums and the game.

Any more specific advice would be spoonfeeding you, and that's not going to give us an application we can use.

13. Curtis

Curtis Member

Ok, I will redo the application in a week or so, after boosting my activity. I will spend more time on the grammar and making my answers unique and mature. Thank you for responding and helping me.
    Thank you- Curtis aka cjcoolio12345

14. Curtis

Curtis Member

I have updated my application to better show my thoughts on becoming an administrator.

Thank you
    Curtis aka cjcoolio12345

15. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

... Ow, my eyes.

the_amber_trap and pongolongo like this.
  16. the_amber_trap

Thank you for taking our advice to heart and making the desired changes. Your application has definitely improved as a result, and now it's just a waiting game until more admins are needed. In the interim, I would advise you to try and show yourself as a leader who is capable of taking on the responsibility of the position. Be welcoming and helpful to new members. Don't start any disagreements, and if you find yourself in one, extricate yourself as quickly as possible. Follow the rules, and if you're rusty on a few of them or can't remember what they are, refresh yourself on them. (You don't have to have them memorized though, so don't worry about that.)

You should treat this period as a probationary time where we are appraising your conduct and capabilities. Be a model member and the position isn't entirely out of reach. Then, once you get it, you can be an ass like me.

Miralynn and SlugBoyTom like this.
  17. Curtis

Curtis Member

Ok, I will attempt to show myself as a good leader and a helpful player.

Thank you,
    Curtis aka cjcoolio12345