Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Compromises to the /auction system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tedx68racing, 11 Aug 2012.

1. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

I'm sorry to anyone that may have a variance of opinion on this. So the original post will be my only intended post on this thread in order to avoid conflict.
    Let's go!

The reasoning: In proposition to the re-instalment of the auction system, which is unsavory to me personaly. I propose that we expand the already-existent [buy] and [sell] sign-command system to include a [bid] or [auction] option. The reason I would like this is because it 1. Keeps the chat clean, 2. leaves the market AND auction system in place for people whole love both! OR who have a prefered method, it would also 3. leave the market intact, which would give users a chance to show off their building skills, and create more beautiful Pawncraft buildings!

The methods: Now, for the explanation! This system would work by (as previously stated) expanding the sign-shop plugin to include a [bid] option. This means that if I were to make a shop, I could do [buy] on my products that have a certain price I'd wish to obtain from them. ALTHOUGH if I wanted to sell an item that I thought was worth more or less that what the price-guide had it listed for, or if said item was in high-demand, I could go to the auction house (if we could make one for each town, or have one in the marketplace, if not we'd sell the items in our shops) with my signs, my chest, and my item. I would then put [bid] on it, on the second line I would put the reserve price (if I'd chosen too) ,on the third line I would put the amount of time I'd like the auction to last (for this example let's say the minimum for the plugin would be 1 hour, and the maximum would be 7 days) ,and then underneath I'd put the item in question.

Ta' da'!: There you have my ideas. I feel like this method would provide an exciting way for people to bid on high-quality items without the worry of acting bothersome and filling up chat, it'd also give builders another building to be creative with, and give players another method of obtaining goods! I understand that this would be a complicated plugin, but I also feel that it'd give people the nostalgic feeling of the old, bidding system. While also keeping the market alive & well! This would help to make Pawncraft's economy even more enjoyable for everyone! And still bring the thrill of the auctions, with none of the old drawbacks!

Thanks for listening to my rant. I hope I have shared a good idea, that will appeal to everyone!

Good crafting! ~Ted~

2. lokikh

lokikh Active Member

I'm definately in favour of not filling chat with auction spam, seems like a nice idea

Axelmotley likes this.
  3. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman! RAINBRO

the new plugin, from what I've heard, allready prevents chatspam!

4. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

I prefer a single command to sell my shit and I want the chatspam if it informs everyone i'm selling shit

5. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Except it won't filter out:

"please buy from me!"
    "no one wants my redstone?"
    "please? Someone?"
    "come on, I'm broke!"

:p

6. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

That's what /evade, /mute, /nochat and /noglobal are for.

jkerr and Tootitbootit like this.
  7. crinkle

crinkle Still very much bizness. VIP RAINBRO

Except i'm sure wizard pawned can probs just write a "/noauction" command which will filter out auction crap spam. Thats a lot simpler than trying to modify a outsiders plugin specifically to our requirements i think.