Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

E3

Discussion in 'Banter' started by DigiFox0, 7 Jun 2012.

1. DigiFox0

DigiFox0 Let us start the game Staff Member

So, It's E3 again. Naturally, because E3 is quite possibly the biggest event in the gaming calendar, I was wondering what my friends on the server was most excited about, what you thought of the event coverage etc.

Being an Xbox Gamer in PC gamer clothing, Halo 4 is probably one of my biggest things of this years E3. That and Dawnguard, the Vampire related DLC for Skyrim. That looks like some tasty content (Dragonbone Weapons and Werewolf Skill Trees alone do it for me).

So post your opinions about E3 2012 below and I look forward to your views!

2. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Planetside 2, Far Cry 3, Star Wars 1313, Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, Miner Wars 2081, Hitman: Absolution, possibility of DayZ becoming a stand-alone game, Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Zeno Clash 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Not really excited for this, but I'll always welcome a new Counter-Strike game) all looked great (loved the Planetside 2 livestreams) and although they weren't at E3, I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (Yay, beta tomorrow :D!) and Bioshock Infinite.

FYI, you made me puke with the mention of Halo and Xbox.

3. DigiFox0

Sorry Pawned, I'm no PC Gamer. My rig can barely run Minecraft. At least i knwo that if i bung a disc in my Xbox, it'll run.

4. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

I was pretty disappointed with all the press conferences. It's a cliche to say it, but they're all trying too hard to be "Casual". Beyond looked pretty good though, but there was no gameplay, and I've learned to never trust cinematic trailers. Dishonored, however, looks absolutely fantastic. I've already pre-ordered it, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

5. Krigekongen

Krigekongen Build Team Member VIP

I'm gonna be a hardcore Planetside 2 player! :D I've rounded up some irl m8s and we're gonna run around and wreck havoc!!

6. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Good to hear - hopefully we'll both get into the beta to do some pew pew together. Any idea what faction you're going to play as? Atm I'm leaning towards the Vanu Sovereignty, though the Terran Republic's MAX units look sexy.

7. DigiFox0

Well, Thanks to Machinima, i've just signed up for Dawnguard Beta! Let's hope that goes through.

8. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I've always found the press conferences to be disappointing.

I'm honesty not that excited about any games these days. I think a lot of games these days are all about flash and set pieces and they forget to actually involve the player. I mean, every shooter these days is pretty much the same thing, and even games like Mass Effect (where the story was supposed to be completely driven by choices made over the three games) choke at the end.
    That said, I'd like to see how Supergiant is going to follow up Bastion, which is the last time I remember honestly being enthralled with a game. Though the gameplay itself wasn't exactly revolutionary, the game was clean and polished and the story was enthralling.

Sushimitzu likes this.
  9. Krigekongen

I'm swinging through VS and TR.. I so badly want to play VS because of their originality, but the TR's looks so bad-ass plus their colour scheme is the coolest :)

10. the_amber_trap

See, I like the Conglomerate, but mainly because of the idealistic nature of their background. I definitely won't play Terran, but the Vanu are a possibility if I don't like the Conglomerate.

11. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

Correct me if I'm wrong, Amber, but you said you were a fan of steam punk, right? That's Dishonored's style, and it's all about giving the player a ton of ways to approach certain objectives (It's being made by the guys who did Deus Ex and Bioshock). It's got very subtle "good and evil" elements but nothing extraordinary. You should check it out, if you haven't already.

12. Krigekongen

Amber, if you go with Vanu I'll easily follow in your footsteps. Would be cool to have a Vanu Pawncraft squad :3

13. the_amber_trap

Banker, I like the aesthetic of steampunk, though many of the people who cling to it (as a lifestyle, no less) put me off it just a bit. I know that Bioshock had a bit of that feel to it, and I actually think that Bioshock Infinite will feel a bit more "steampunk-y" because of the fact that it's a bit more fantastical. I remember not being terribly impressed with what I'd seen of Dishonored, but I'll take another look because I don't honestly remember anything beyond that.

Krige, I'm all for it, but I will warn you that I'm complete rubbish when it comes to shooters. My clan tag is always [BAIT] because I work best as a way to draw people out of cover (they like to shoot at me) so that my team mates can find them and kill them.

14. Krigekongen

Amber. I'd be glad to have bait on our team. Me and Pawned had some fun in brink teaming up, so we've got you covered. Atleast you can provide us with tactics.

15. the_amber_trap

Tactics? In an online FPS? NEVAR!

16. Krigekongen

Well, I have come to the conclusion of.. FUCK YOU YOU SON OF A WHORREE

17. the_amber_trap

I'd say my mother was a saint, but we all know that's a lie.

Krigekongen likes this.