Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Games Thread

Discussion in 'Banter' started by Bankercat3, 22 Mar 2012.

1. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

I'm curious what everyones favorites are. Any system, it doesn't matter. I'm just going to go through one favorite game from the last couple of generations, otherwise this list would go on forever. I'll start.

Jet Force Gemini- This game is just great. Yeah, the ending sucked, and second half was practically impossible, but I still regard it as an amazing game. An amazing soundtrack, too. Has anyone ever played this? I've always felt like it wasn't too well known, despite being made by Rare, which was pretty popular back then.

Metal Gear Solid 3- I love the series, but if I had to choose my favorite, it'd be the 3rd. The best story, combat and stealth. Also, hunting animals was fun.

Red Dead Redemption- Now, this one is too much fun. The story was very exciting, and I loved the open world. And you can't forget about Rockstars trademark "Well, I'm getting bored of the main quest line, so I'll go on a killing spree" moments.

What are yours?

2. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Bastion is my favorite game of the past year or so. The gameplay and graphics , while perfectly adequate, weren't exactly revolutionary, but the story and presentation were simply phenomenal. My one gripe is that the game wasn't very lengthy, but I milked that time for all I could.

3. pongolongo

pongolongo Active Member VIP

Monopoly and Connect 4 are my favorite games.

4. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

Anyone ever play Spore?

5. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

We all played Spore. And we all were disappointed.

My favorite games, mainly due to childhood memories, in alphabetical order: Dungeon Siege, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, Garry's Mod, Ground Control, Homeworld: Cataclysm, Populous: The Beginning, Startopia, Stronghold: Crusader, Warcraft III.

6. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

How has no one mentioned Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time yet? That is still to date, the best game I've ever played.

7. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

An oldie: Drakan, Order of the Flame.
    Any in the Tomb Raider series.
    Oh and a more recent one Alice Madness Returns. This game managed to find my Gspot I swear.

8. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I liked the SNES Zelda better, but that's still a good one.
    Actually, Chrono Trigger is another that needs to get some love. The variety of characters, the multiple endings, new game +, the different worlds and the ability to see them change over time all combine to make a game that is not only memorable, but addictive and so full of replay value that it's astonishing they took so long to make a sequel. I'm not terribly surprised that the sequel was so disappointing. It had huge shoes to fill.

9. pongolongo

pongolongo Active Member VIP

Haven't played it yet, but I liked Twilight Princess.

10. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

LoZ: Skyward Sword

11. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

When it comes down to Zelda games, I can never choose between The Ocarina Of Time, Majora's Mask and Link To The Past. They're all so good, I could never pick a favorite.
    This is actually kind of funny. When I was pretty tiny, 6 I'd say, I got Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness. I don't know if you've ever played that specific one, but man, it was bad. Awful laggy controls, and just boring. Despite my not knowing how to read, I think I can say I got pretty far. Still never got up to the super-awesome-cool looking levels that were advertised on the back of the case, though. Of course, having played the other ones that were actually good recently, I can see why the series is a favorite among many.

12. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

Hrmz. I cannot say i know which you mean specifically. I grew up sitting next to my dad while he played through all of them.

Coincidentally I found a CD with the game dating to 1996. ( Was 6 back then.) Crappy controls, yes, (though they improved that), but for me its all nostalgia.

13. TheKinglyarab

TheKinglyarab Legend

Definately Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Hands down the best game ever. Blows every game out of the water. I am currently on my 13th playthrough of the game. I own like 4 copies of it and im going to see the zelda orchestra >:D i beat it the first 2 times when i couldnt read. around 4-5. B). I'm still looking for masterquest on the gamecube. But i cant find it! :mad: I also own and have beaten ever zelda game to date. In order of most favourite to least would have to be Loz:OoT, SS, MM, TP, WW, OoA, OoS, Link to the past, Legend of zelda, links awakening, 4 swords, minish cap, phantom hourglass, and 4 swords adventures. P.S: I love them all. I just love them in that order.
    [​IMG]