Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Fearsomegenie's (Preemptive) Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by fearsomegenie, 29 Jul 2012.

?

Would I have your vouch if I applied for admin?

1. Yes! Woo hoo! Fear for Admin 2012!

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Dunno. I really can't say right now. Have I seen you before?

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No. Absolutely not. Go home.

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

Preamble:
    You might think it odd, but I don't really want to be an admin just yet. I've put this application together because I think I might like to be an admin in the near future. I'm looking to test the waters, look for vouchers, and get some feedback on what I ought to improve on before trying to become staff. When I'm ready, I'll either add a response to this application saying so, or start a new application (whichever you think is most appropriate.)

General Information:
    IGN: Fearsomegenie
    What game do you want to administrate?: Minecraft.

Why do you want to become an admin?:I'm interested because I enjoy associating with other minecraft players and assisting them. While you don't have to be an admin to help other people, it certainly grants more power to do so. Existing admins have been quick to help me at the expense of their own play time and I feel like giving back a little by helping ease the burden. "Many hands make light work," etc., etc. Finally, I crave praise, appreciation, and attention XD. I know that admin's don't get that all the time, in fact they get the opposite now and again, but I think I'd get a misplaced sense of fulfillment out of the odd grateful pawncrafter that I had the pleasure to assist.

Why do you think you should become an admin?:
    Understanding of the job:
    I'm aware that being an admin isn't a total bed of roses. In fact I'm a little hesitant about it. Being an admin would be a lot of work. I maintain my interest because I suspect that it's frequently fun work. I like the idea that I might be a part of maintaining and improving the quality of the pawncraft experience. After all, that's the purpose for having administrators isn't it?

Participation and track record:
    I play regularly and I believe that I'm becoming a well known and respected member of the community after only a month of play. Accordingly, I suspect/hope that I'd have a few vouchers from a few admins and members alike. I'm active and (hopefully) helpful on the forums and in general chat. I've done my part to help maintain the standards of the server by reporting issues that I've come across and keeping myself aligned with the rules.

Mentality in regards to pawncraft:
    I love this server because my thoughts about how the game should be run tend to match the actions of those who are currently running the server. My personal ethics agree with the spirit of the existing rules, and I have a strong sense of fair play. It frustrates me when other players plan to have a good time at the expense of others' enjoyment of the game (and this is a point where I may need to cool my jets a little - sometimes the rules allow this kind of situation, and I need to be able to accept that.)

Personality:
    I am a patient and tolerant individual. Even in moments of great frustration I can generally keep my communication polite and friendly. I don't mind explaining myself again when I'm misunderstood, and while I might be a little verbose (as demonstrated by this airbag of an application), I like to think that I can communicate clearly. I also like to think of myself as an intelligent, mature, empathetic, and personable person. I'm open to sincere constructive criticism, and pride myself on improving myself via introspection. I tend to be able to understand and empathize with both sides of an argument.

Minecraft knowledge/skills:
    I've been playing minecraft since the beta, and I keep abreast of the game mechanics via the wiki. I don't mind answering questions about how the game works, and I certainly don't mind pausing my game for a second to find and link to (or briefly explain) a wiki article or pawncraft.co.uk post.

I pretend that I've got an outrageously artistic mind for 3D pixel art and enjoy building interesting and unique buildings and structures. I can also do a few interesting things with redstone when I put my mind to it. I'd be tickled to be a part of the larger server projects like the ones currently underway in preparation for 1.3.

Have you ever been an admin before (In any game)?: Nope.

Anything else you would like us to know: Fair warning: I've been fairly active this summer, but I'm slated for an intense set of classes in the Fall. My time in game will certainly dwindle. It might even (heaven forbid) stop all together for a short period of time when the semester gets most demanding.

Location(Country): Utah, USA (Mountain Daylight Time)

hmor8 and jkerr like this.
  2. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

:confused: My gawd..

Bankercat3 and Dub like this.
  3. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

Sorry for making your head spin Axel :rolleyes:. I like to write, and the last app I read had amber_trap asking for more info. Maybe I went a little overboard? :p

4. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

Its that i've seen a couple of your posts on the forum, or else I would've gone. "Who the fuck are you?"