Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky Forum Feedback

Discussion in 'Support' started by StarScore, 14 Nov 2011.

1. StarScore

StarScore Owner Staff Member

If you have some good feedback about the forum, a suggestion about a new thread or just want to add your opinion about it. Make a post about it here.

2. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

We will need a graphics section later on ;D But for the most part, I like the forums. The only way to make it look better I think might be by adding matching background look to match the banner. But even if you can do that, I am not sure this particular forum software will do that.

3. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Do you mean you'd like it to have say... the snowy background in the banner as the entire background? Or just a blue gradient? Or what :p?

4. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

I am not quiete sure exactly what it needs (I haven't really given much thought) but I think it will have a more of an eye appeal if there was more "blending" or transitioning between the banner and the rest of the site. If that means having the snowy background fit with the rest of the site,but being slightly more "softer," then possibly. I just think right now there is no association between the two. My opinion though ;p

But a blue gradient with the snow particles fading out say 1/3 down would look good I think. It will not "over-do" the snow effect (which doing all snoweffect will) but allowing it to fade would not only transition but also give a good eye appeal. So that way there is no break between the banner and the rest of the site.

5. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Only thing that's been bugging me is that the separation between post and signature is really difficult to see. Any way to make the dashes brighter, or somehow more noticable?

6. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

I lied. Second thing --> The members list can't be filtered/searched by letter. You pretty much have to just page through 290+ pages to find the letter you're looking for. Any way to change this, as well?

7. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Will do.

EDIT: Done. Hope you enjoy. I felt experimental so I put a different colour on each forum. Blue, green and light-brown, respectively. Please provide feedback.

Not possible. Sorry.

8. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I'm still shaking off my deathly illness, so perhaps I'm missing something in my drug-induced haze, but I haven't seen an option for listing all new posts like we had in the old forum. Do we have that feature and I've just missed it? If it isn't currently available could something like that be implemented?

9. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

There is this feature, however, rather than it having all unread posts, it only does it for the threads you're watching. You'll automatically watch a thread when you post in it.

I did some searching and there appears to be no add-ons made which create this feature.

10. Krigekongen

Krigekongen Build Team Member VIP

They are incredibly sexy. I love it.

11. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Never mind what I said above. I've implemented a way to watch forums. Once you enter a forum, above the threads should be a "Watch Forum" button. Click it.

12. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

I just use "What's New" / Recent Activity. Not sure if they function as New Posts did.

It's at the top of the forums, but under the Home / Forums / Donate / Chat area.

13. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

D'oh. Forgot about that... Well, the watch forum feature is now there, anyway. Should you want to actually be alerted when there's a new thread/post.

Krigekongen likes this.
  14. panzermaster

panzermaster Well-Known Member

Make the user info ribbon wider, my name wont fit.
    [​IMG]

15. the_amber_trap

Mine won't fit either, Panzermaster.

16. Krigekongen

Longnamefags!

17. the_amber_trap

Uh, Krige? I'm sure you know this and are just being ironic like all the kids are these days, but your name doesn't seem to fit either.

18. Krigekongen

I was actually being honest and I believe you are inferior to me because of your ugly long names. KRIGERU.png
    Edit 1: I realized now I should've blacked out the tab-names because now people are gonna spend some time of their lives to analyze the tab-names and find out everything about my petty life...
    Edit 2 : I realized how I edited my post so no more triplepost :D

19. the_amber_trap

That's weird. The "n" at the end of your name wraps to its own little line on my screen.

20. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Silly Mac :)

Now. The problem with increasing the size of the user information box would mean that the box would go over into the message box. So it's really not do-able.