Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

gunpowder423's Admin Application

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by gunpowder423, 9 Jul 2012.

1. gunpowder423

gunpowder423 Active Member

In-Game Name - gunpowder423

What game do you want to administrate?: Minecraft

Why do you want to become an admin?: So that I am able to help people in much more ways than I can now. I understand that yes, I can help people even as a Donator, but I feel that (like Crink said) 50% of the time isn't enough. Assisting people and solving problems needs to be done 100% of the time. Or at least 20% more.

Why do you think you should become an admin?: I think that I am level-headed, and that I have
    the ability to defuse situations, and the ability to choose the option in those situations that most benefits the community.

Have you ever been an admin before (In any game)?: Counter-Strike: Source (4 servers, but one was a 'donor-admin' status), Garry's Mod

Anything else you would like us to know: I know that I have been away, although it's not from lack of trying. It's a long story of technology failing on me and long, difficult bouts of schoolwork and the like.

Location(Country): Australia

2. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

Firstly, this is far to short.
    Secondly, you are very immature in game. (le building duping machines in creative)
    Thirdly, you recently started playing again, this is what your first week in about a year?
    Fourthly, you talk to staff with a hint of disrespect.

Portrend likes this.
  3. crinkle

crinkle Still very much bizness. VIP RAINBRO

As per axel, i agree this should be expanded a bit. Points 2 and 4 I cannot say i've experienced. But #3 is relevant.

By all means apply, but the best way to aid your application (even beyond expanding it). Is to be on regularly, be helpful and vocal in game. About 50% of issues admins deal with can be solved without any powers other than chat (i.e. helping newbies or giving your opinion on a dispute, in a reasoned way).

I garantee that extending this and following my practical advice will increase your chances.

4. gunpowder423

I understand that I've only been playing for 4 days. However, I don't expect this to be answered in a month or two. I just decided to leave it open, so that people could comment on ways that I could improve - like you and Crinkle. However, like with Crinkle, I don't understand when I was immature or when I was being disrespectful. Could you please elaborate on when and how this happened?

I admit I built the sand duping thing in creative. At the time, I saw no harm, and I have no reason for why I did it. However, I understood after you explained it to me.

5. Axelmotley

I'm speaking of when you and Krige were told to stop talking about it and you persisted about 3 times.

6. gunpowder423

I don't think that I persisted. I merely asked a few times. I do realise, however, that I shouldn't have done it in the first place, and I also realise how I came across as immature.

7. Axelmotley