Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

How about an insta-tattoo?

Discussion in 'Banter' started by jkerr, 25 Apr 2012.

1. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

2. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I didn't see anything there worth paying to have done. It looked like a bunch of crap that you get just for the sake of getting a tattoo or generic flash art.
    I like that tattooing is becoming more mainstream and acceptable, but I hate tattoos that are completely pointless. They don't have to be anything, but at least put some effort into it.

Bread likes this.
  3. the_amber_trap

I didn't want that to sound as snide as it does.

Tootitbootit likes this.
  4. jkerr

Hehe - no problem - I agree that if I were to get a tattoo it would have to mean SOMETHING, but I'm not sure that's the case for a lot of people. At the very least it's a neat program that generates a specific kind of symetrical art :)

5. the_amber_trap

Oh, absolutely. It could be useful in combination with other art programs, but marketing it as a tattoo generator is a bit of a stretch.

6. jkerr

Yeah, fits a style of tatoos out there, like this:
    [​IMG]

7. the_amber_trap

Exactly, it looks like crap flash art that idiots get as a first tattoo, if at all. Anyone getting a bunch of these clearly just wants the look without bothering to actually be interesting in the first place.

8. MissVera

MissVera Builder VIP RAINBRO

Don't hate on the man for liking tribal. A lot of people do. It may mean nothing, but, what art does? Personally, I abhor tribal, but, the owner of my favorite custom shop in dallas, is covered in the shit. The man makes excellent pieces, yet, tattoos himself with tribal. Makes no sense.

I started a tattoo thread before, but, since me and trapface are the only ones with any work, I didn't bother carrying it over to the new forums.

App seems neat. Not my style, but still neat. I have pieces that are personal. Every one is custom drawn by me or my artist, and has a specific meaning. I only stick stuff on me that is very meaningful. Which is why I'm not completely covered by now. Tattoos for my loves and fears. Lets see. 12 in all? 28 (could be more?) hours under the gun.

9. the_amber_trap

I don't particularly hate tribal...wait, no, I do. However, I do understand that some people like tribal, and some of the designs at least have some effort put into them.
    However, this is worse than tribal. It's just random doodles and scribbles run through a kaleidoscope filter. Like I said, it is an interesting graphics toy, but it isn't anything I'd like to have tattooed on me.

Sushimitzu likes this.
  10. MissVera

Was looking for a higher resolution picture of my tattoo. Too cheap to bother replacing my digital camera. Found on my artists FB. 7 hour session went into this picture. Complete with redness and swelling. Ouch. The first johnny session was only 5 hours. ...I'm never sitting for more than 3 hours at a time, Again. And really dont reccommend it.

[​IMG]

11. the_amber_trap

I think I sat for four hours one time, but that's mainly because I tend to schedule late appointments. Of course, my tattoo got pretty close to some sensitive skin in my armpit for a lot of those sessions.
    I'll have to post mine if I can stop being sick and tired and stressed and out of time enough to dig up my photos.

12. jkerr

13. the_amber_trap

I love that they let douchebags call themselves out instead of making me do it for them.

14. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

If only... =<

A tattoo can be anything, as long as it has a deeper meaning to that person than only a 'pretty picture' imho.
    [​IMG]

A tattoo can be anything, as long as it has a deeper meaning to that person than only a 'pretty picture' imho.

15. the_amber_trap

Which is pretty much my problem with the random squiggles this generates.

16. MissVera

Half the time, regardless of the meaning, It IS just a pretty picture. I love music, so I wanted a tattoo for it, specifically my two favorite male solo artists.

And then my gargoyle and my spiders? They're pretty, but it doesnt matter, because no one sees them. Really, half my tattoos could be shit and it wouldnt matter, since they're all covered up all the time. I got them for me, and no one else. Its easier to remind yourself of something, if you see it on the daily.

I mention all this, as my excuse for tolerating Tribal, and the people who get it and other ridiculous things, since, It's not for us to judge. They got it for them. Not us.

I went into my friends shop the other day, and his coworker saw the tip of my gargoyles wing, peeking out of my collar. He asked to see it, so I pulled down my shirt a little to show him part of it, and stay decent at the same time. And I got berated for it. "WHY DONT YOU JUST LIFT UP YOUR SHIRT! WHY GET A TATTOO IF YOU DONT WANT EVERYONE TO SEE IT. WTFRAGE" Uh. I got it for me. Not for you pervos to ogle my tits. Kthxbai. Though there is a small percentage of people who want to see my tattoos for the actual artwork (the gargoyle is BEYOND awesome. Second place to johnny cash), the majority of people who ask, just want to see boobs. So. I've reasoned that I cant hate on anyone for their artwork choices :p

17. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

Is why I got my piercings. ;P