Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

How to post images. [Forum]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Pawned, 1 Oct 2011.

1. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I've noticed a lot of posts, especially from new applicants, mentioning an inability or lack of knowledge about how to post images or videos. To be honest, I thought this was common knowledge. As I would very much like to see more photos from our members, and because it's quite simple, I figured I'd post a short guide on how to do this incredibly simple task.

First, you need to have an image. Getting one with your camera is easy, and downloading from it should be simple. If you need help with that, this guide won't do a thing for you. However, if you're trying to take a screenshot of something awesome you did in Pawncraft, it's a simple use of hotkeys. I'm going to presume you don't want to get your entire screen, so use the keys for the active window. I've got a Mac (I'm a photographer, and don't care about who thinks what OS is better okay?) and on that, I hit command-shift-4 then tap the space bar and use the mouse to choose the window (the active window will be selected by default.) It'll save it right to the desktop. You can also skip tapping the space bar to use the cursor to select a portion of the active window (which I always forget and make posts with huge, uncropped images.)
    Based on what I've found for Windows, Alt-PrtScrn should be all you need for getting the screenshot of the active window. There's a scribe tool I've seen mentioned, but I'll let someone who actually knows Windows add that in if they want.

So now you have your image. In order to use it in a post, you'll need to get it hosted somewhere. Some people use photobucket, others link to their flickr feed, but I prefer to use tinypic.com for my images, mostly because I don't care if I ever want to access them again because I'm usually working on a ban when I post images.

[​IMG]
    The website is easy to use and pretty straightforward. Browse through your files to get the one you want (hopefully you saved it somewhere easy to find) put it in the file box and then hit "upload." It's that big green button. Afterward you'll get a captcha (annoying, I know) and then tinypic will give you the url of the image, as well as html and a line premade for message board posting. Just copy it and paste it here. You don't even have to tag anything. IT'S EASY.

I expect to see more images now. Go out and do it.

2. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

Oh it's the website URL not the image's name, good to know. :p

3. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman!

Offtopic :

Wait, what. Pawned, you got a Mac?
    I mean, I never really thought YOU could of have bought something belonged to Apple in any way 0o

4. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

This was a re-post of a tutorial the_amber_trap posted on the old forum.

5. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman!

Oh, lol.
    When i read it i had to triple check you were the one posted.

6. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I didn't want to confuse things for other people by including more information than necessary. I also didn't want people hotlinking inappropriately.