Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky I just joined!... Now what? [Minecraft]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by Pawned, 1 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Things you will need on this server.

Server and forum rules

Pawncraft map
    data values
    ALL crafting blueprints/recipes
    mobs (the good guys and the bad guys)

About this thread:
    I use the bold, underlined and italic text alterations a lot. It's just to highlight important things if you're skimming this thread. You are welcome to take offense but this is not intended to be offensive. I'm sure you can clearly see that this is to stop repetitive questions and, to help new builders move into the builder group and, into the hearts of all Pawncraft players. C:

If I say to type this command: "/help" do not use the quotation marks (Don't actually type this, this is just an example). So, type /help into that chat window that you open by hitting "T". (Or your customized key like: "enter")
    Note: To speak to the entire server (shout) use the "@" before you speak. Example:
    @Help, I have fallen and I can't get up!

If you're not a member yet;

Complete the guest promotion test at spawn. To do this, read the signs around /spawn and then follow the yellow clay block road to the very end.

Welcome to the group!

Congratulations on becoming a member of Pawncraft! C: If you have any issues, Pm an admin.
    We're really excited to see what wonderful things you're soon going to create on our server!

A place of your own:

Now: you get to find yourself a little piece of Pawncraft to make your very own. You should find the Pawncraft map link on the green header of these forums above this post. (It's the 8th link). You should use this map a lot. Knowing where you are is awesome. C:

If you want to build in a collective: (village/city/town - any area populated by a group)
    Most of the cities in Pawncraft will sell you a plot. You start with 1000 pawn (pawn is the server currency). You can see your cash by typing "/money". Use "/money ?" for commands (including how to pay someone). If you need help finding a collective: use the Pawncraft map. So, when you find a collective you like; ask the mayor or, a staff member if there is space. If you don't: you will most probably have your house destroyed by a staff member. Do not build just outside the collective, (even if they have walls) or also, within a few hundred blocks of it! - If you think no one will notice: you're wrong!

Want to know more about joining a collective? How do I build or join a city?

When building in a city: be sure of the city building rules! If they are not posted, ask! Do not assume there are none! Also, be sure of the area that you have bought. If you go outside the space you've bought, I bet you 250 pawn that it'll get destroyed or, that you pissed someone off.

When you have a new home type "/home set". Then when you get lost because you were not using the Pawncraft map you can just type "/home" to return to the spot where you were standing when you typed "/home set".

If you want to build in the wild:
    Use the Pawncraft map to find a place of your own. Do not build just outside a collective, (even if they have walls) or also, within a few hundred blocks of it! - If you think no one will notice: you're wrong! If you don't see anyone and build near someone as long as you used the Pawncraft map: you can not be held responsible for ruining someone's plans. - If it was not clearly marked, and someone asks you to move your house: tell an admin. Do not start an argument about it!

When you find your new home type "/home set". Then when you get lost because you were not using the Pawncraft map you can just type "/home" to return to the spot where you were standing when you typed "/home set".

Before you build:
    You need to plan your building. You don't have to plan all of it. But, having a good idea of the type of building you want to construct is needed. The theme will make you think about how you're changing our server. So, if you want to create a medieval house, primitive hut, nomadic tent, modern apartment or, mega mansion complete with servants rooms: know that before you make it. Don't be afraid to get out the graph paper (or even paint) and design (even a little bit of) your home. This game is creative as it is beautiful. So, don't just build cobblestone cubes. This game is be an expression of your creativity don't be creatively dead! Think about it before you build it!

If you're a city builder: ask or, look around to see what types of cities there are already! There is not much point to having two similar cities both selling space to the same market! I bet you 500 pawn that people will stay in/choose the first city before yours! That means all your effort (and materials) have been wasted! D:

Getting your building materials:
    You start with 1000 pawn (pawn is the server currency). You can see your cash by typing "/money". Use "/money ?" for commands (including how to pay someone). To learn about making and spending pawn: Pawn and Pwn If you haven't spent all your money buying the best spot in a city, you could buy materials off other players by going to the marketplace. To get there, just go up shadyman avenue, and up the stairs from spawn (Type /spawn, turn around and follow the netherbrick route until you see hanging banners). Once you're at the trade centre, at the trade centre you're able to browse player's shops to purchase items and you can even set up your own shop there. To make sure you aren't being scammed (Please report any shops that are selling items for too high or too low prices!) please make sure to check out the Price Guideline.

It really is that easy!

If you did spend your 1000 starting money on the best spot in a collective then you have to "farm" your own materials. To do this use the Pawncraft map to make sure you're not digging into someone's garden! Or worse: the outskirts of a collective! Trust me, you do not want to have to deal with the wraith of an entire collective!

Found a spot? Very good. You should make a shelter (for night) first then, start collecting materials!
    If you want to find out where/how any creature spawns: Google "Minecraft mobs" or, use this link: mobs (the good guys and the bad guys).
    If you want to find out how to get any specific material or, where to find it: Google "data values" or, use this link: data values
    Use the Pawncraft map (- I told you it was useful!) to find the area where you can find the blocks/creatures.

Crafting stuff:
    If you're not new to Minecraft (meaning you've played on single player or, another server for a while... a week is not a while) this should not be new. If you are new: Google “crafting” or use this link: ALL crafting blueprints/recipes to know how to make your common items into cooler (and more useful) things. If you need to know how to do something: it's on that page. If you forget something: it's on that page. If something new is integrated into the game: it's on that page. The only exception: are items we have that Minecraft (the game) does not. Meaning: a mod.

Modifications (mods)
    If you're new to Minecraft; you'll see some things on this server that do not occur in the regular (unmodified) game. If you're not new to Minecraft; you may see some things on this server that you have not seen on another server or, in single player. Do not fear the mods! They are there to make the game more enjoyable.

If you modify your Minecraft files there are some things you are not allowed to use. These are any modifications that allow you get an unfair advantage in farming such as mods and/or texturepacks that allow you to: see through walls, teleport, bots to farm for you etc.

Questions.

If you have questions after reading this whole thread: post here. You may ask a question that I have been too stupid to include. Or, something that someone else was going to ask.

2. b4rr4g3fury

b4rr4g3fury Member

My Link Wont Open to the Map =(

liverpoolkid12 likes this.
  3. Pawned

4. ShedJacker

ShedJacker Member

Server and forum rules link broken as well.

5. Pawned

All links have been fixed.

6. Kanit00

Kanit00 Member

Thanks for the guide but it doesn't mention anything on how to become a member

7. Pawned

Actually, it does. Try reading it some more.

8. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Well-Known Member

Please carefully read the "If you're not a member yet;"paragraph up above. It clearly, and concisely tells you what to do ;D You need to actually read the above post; otherwise, you will skip important info.

FYI: The paragraph in question is after, "Before you Build," and before "Welcome to the Group."

Hopes this helps. In the future be careful when reading :D

liverpoolkid12 likes this.
  9. DIRTNINJA83

DIRTNINJA83 Member

So role playing ???

10. Mason

Mason Member

Do you have to buy supplies off other players? Can you but it any other way? Thanks.

11. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Well-Known Member

The only way to buy is to buy either from players' shops in the marketplace or to buy/trade with players directly. There is no global shop owned by the actual server.

12. Mason

Mason Member

Thanks

13. Mason

Mason Member

Another question. Would i have to go to a different portal to start to build.

14. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Mason, can you please elaborate a bit on what you mean?
    So long as you aren't building too close to other people's structures (unless part of a city, where you would have a plot in close proximity to other members), you should be just fine no matter where you are. I would personally recommend using the portal room to travel out into the map, then venturing out of the city boundaries to find a place on your own, unless you want to find a town to join. In case the latter is true, use the portals to travel from city to city and explore to find the perfect place to live.

15. OmegaGuy

OmegaGuy Member

what if we already have X-ray but dont use and dont know how to uninstall it?

16. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

You can't come on the server with x-ray, just force update your Minecraft client by clicking the options button and checking the force update box before logging in.

17. Exteel_V

Exteel_V Member

how do i get to the wilderness O_O?

18. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

Walk in any direction for long enough and you will get to the wilderness.

19. Exteel_V

Exteel_V Member

20. Homerug_Owen

Homerug_Owen Member

I would like to become a member Because i am very trust worthy and very good at building an PVPING!
    And i love this server alot! and i would love to become a member of the pawncraft community.Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.