Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

IP Maintenance 2012-10-15

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by StarScore, 11 Oct 2012.

By StarScore on 11 Oct 2012 at 14:39
  1. StarScore

StarScore Owner Staff Member

i will answer the questions in the comments if something is unclear ^^

First it could be that i will change IP on the server, my Internet service provider are unsure if it will happen. i will buy a static ip instead of an dynamic that i use now. i will do it on Monday 2012-10-15

--------- So how will this affect you, you might ask ---------
    You go to http://pawncraft.co.uk for forum and use pawncraft.co.uk as an IP in minecraft, that will NOT change. You dont need to do anything.

The thing is, under the address pawncraft.co.uk lays an IP address that is 83.180.244.149
    and it is that number that could change.

The internet uses DNS servers that keeps logs of what address that goes to what ip address
    there is several out there in the different parts of the world and it can take up to 24 hours before all the DNS nodes in the world get the new numbers.

So what happens if your DNS node hasnt updated and you try to log on? it will just look like the server/forum isnt online.

As a temporary workaround you could connect directly to the new IP numbers, i will post it at www.pfts.se/ip with instructions.

---------------------
    It can also help to follow these instructions to make your computer to clear your own dns cache if you cant connect on monday.

http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

1. Open up a command prompt (Start > Run > "cmd.exe" > OK).
    2. Type in the command "ipconfig /flushdns"
    Only type whats between the " ", dont type ".

SimpleSonnet likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by StarScore, 11 Oct 2012.

1. TheKinglyarab
      TheKinglyarab
      So, do we do this only if we have problems or is it a must?
    2. StarScore
      StarScore
      only if you have trouble connecting to the site or server after the change on monday :) I hope we just get a disconnection in 5min and then get the same IP, otherwise it will be troublesome 24hours :) last IP change some countries could found the right ip after a few min, others a few hours :)

The reason why I want a static IP is that i need to use another network card for the internet soon, and then i will get a new IP. but if i pay 3pound in months i will get one IP only :)
      TheKinglyarab likes this.
    3. TheKinglyarab
      TheKinglyarab
      Oh I see, well thanks for the clarification and I hope all goes well! ^.^
    4. TheRowan
      TheRowan
      slightly confused, will this result in any downtime?
    5. Tedx68racing
      Tedx68racing
      From what I understood by reading it WILL be online but will require the provided troubleshooting. Unless you want to wait 24hr/s for the new IP to be up.
    6. TheRowan
      TheRowan
      right, gotcha :)
    7. StarScore
      StarScore
      it depends on when your countrys DNS router update itself, we have been changing some settings that tells the DNS router around the globe to update the IP faster on pwncraft.co.uk.

So what will happen, you will have a break in the connection to pawncraft.co.uk for about 5-10min

what also can happen, is that they dont update that fast, but they update once every 24hours atleast. so it can be a 24hours of no connection to us, it all depends on how they handle it in what country you are :)

yes and save that link to that site, because you will not be able to access the forum while we/you are down ;)
    8. StarScore
      StarScore
      Just wanted to update, the IP is now updated and it all seems ok
      the_amber_trap likes this.