Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

jkerr

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jkerr, 26 Nov 2011.

1. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Hi all! My turn to post one of these - though it's mostly started an edited copy of the one I posted on the old forum...

First, a bit about me: I just turned 40 in the summer, so I'm one of the oldest dudes on the server... I live in eastern Canada, though I've seen some of Europe, England and Scotland. I work as a java developer, working on web applications. I got married last year, and luckily my wife gives me plenty of time for gaming :)

I've played video games since my Atari 2600 in the 80s... from there on to my brother's TRS-80 computer, then to our Commodore-128, though we used it mostly as a 64. I knew several friends with commodore's as well, so 'aquired' a TON of games for it... Lots of fun there, many hours spent at some pretty cool old games - the birth of RPG games like "Bards Tale" and "Pool of Radiance". Then got my first PC at university, a 386 DX, and upgraded PCs from there... I've played a lot of shooters, like the original DOOM, Quake, Quake2, Half-life and such great mods like Team Fortress and later, Counter-strike. I've played a lot of the first-person shooters, lots of RPG style games like Oblivion, Morrowind, Dragon's Age... drawing a blank on any other titles, but I've played all the 'big' ones. Let's see... online games like Everquest, WoW, City of Heroes, Dungeon Siege, Diablo, Diablo 2, Guild Wars. I acutally played on a MUD or two, the ORIGINAL MMORPGs - text based! Then there's RTSs like all the Warcraft games, the age of empires games, Starcraft and Starcraft 2. More recently Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2... I also have a PS3 though I'm not a big console gamer, and have played Batman: Arkham Asylum, Red Dead Redemption, Little Big Planet, UFC 2009, and a few others.

Then of course, there's Minecraft - I got it last fall and put in a LOT of time with it, what a great game! I used to play with Lego blocks as a kid, so I think the creative/building aspect appeals to me... When I started on Pawncraft in the spring of 2011 I mostly built on my own in the wilderness and with my friend Psiclone71 (another 'old' dude from work). I haven't really been interested in PvP; never really done much of it.

Here's a short video of what I created on the previous Pawncraft world (though I've seen much nicer stuff built on the server :D

Anyway, give me a shout in-game, and let me know if you need help with anything, I'm always willing to help! Have fun on Pawncraft!

SupWithThat likes this.
  2. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

I remember your creation so well!

First day I got moderator I was flying around looking at everything everyone had made and came across your castle. I spent a good while looking around and taking screenshots.

Watching that video gave me a really potent pang of nostalgia - thanks man.

3. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Cool! Glad I made it, good to 'save' those old creations somewhere!