Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

MuchoMatchoMiner's Creative App

Discussion in 'Creative Applications' started by MuchoMatchoMiner, 26 Jul 2012.

1. MuchoMatchoMiner

MuchoMatchoMiner Member

IGN: MuchoMatchoMiner
    Why should you be allowed to build in the Creative world: I should be allowed to build in the creative world so i can build amazing statues (as seen below), castles, landscapes, and pixel art. 2012-07-25_18.45.58.png

Attached Files:

2. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I was going to deny this because, though the statues are well done, they aren't really any thing more than copying the blueprints provided by Notch and company in the game. However, I'm not sure if that's just because I'm having an especially shitty day that I'm taking out on random internet people, so I'll approve this.
    Besides, they really are well done copies.

3. lokikh

lokikh Active Member

I like the style of this, but this is not of a size that proves very much. Please put more effort into your application. These have the look of something that has been thrown together very quickly.

4. MuchoMatchoMiner

MuchoMatchoMiner Member

took me over 5 hours i dont think thats quickly

5. alexdavis45

alexdavis45 Active Member

people build stuff in 10 hours straight so if u think about 5 hours isnt much

6. lokikh

lokikh Active Member

just as an example, I recently built something for the new map, the new guest spawn which you will all see later. Altogether it took me maybe 70-100hrs spread over 1-2 weeks. I know this is a much higher grade than can be expected perhaps given that it's going to be a server centrepiece, but tbh, we're not looking for standard builders with creative privilidges. If that is your idea of what you like then I recommend single player creative and using screenshots to impress your friends.
    As another example, I recommend speaking to Mc_crinkle about his buildings. His is the city of Epica and to use a quote "Nothing there has a construction time of less than three weeks."

7. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

In all fairness, I'm not expecting people to build centerpieces or to take three weeks to build something for a creative application. I've been delighted with smaller builds that have shown an ingenious use of blocks or which have been laid out with an eye for the surrounding terrain or even ones that simply bother to effectively decorate their interior. I don't expect masterpieces, though I do expect those with Creative access to use it to build more impressive designs with their heightened access.
    The builds are clean and show what they mean to show. They're simple, but that isn't always a bad thing. Copying a model from in-game block by block might not be the most creative thing ever, but I also remember how much of a pain in the ass it was to build the admin statues. I stand by approving this application, especially because I am curious about what Mucho intends to build. (If it's another generic castle, access is revoked.)