Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Need some help with this gamersfirst program...

Discussion in 'Banter' started by Vork Moin, 8 Jan 2012.

1. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

Ok, so my friend got me to make a Gamersfirst live account so that we could try out APB reloaded together, I thought it would be a bad idea but he said it must be trustworthy because Steam uses it. Anyway, I'm trying to remove it via control panel but it says it's running. Last time nothing but the control panel was open but this time Gamersfirst is open, the problem is that clicking close doesn't seem to do anything for some reason and I can't even right click the tab to try to close it that way. I'm afraid this program may be harming my computer or at least lagging it down... Any ideas?

2. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Go to processes, and try ending whatever process that is running it.

Also, what program are you talking about? I've played APB, and I've never had some sort of Gamersfirst program running alongside it.

3. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

I believe they have their own little digital distribution software suite, never tried it myself though.

@ OP - As Dhugg said, launch task manager either by ctrl+alt+deleting (if you're on Win7 you'll need to then select launch TM from the resulting screen) or by simply right clicking the task bar and then clicking 'start task manager'. Terminate the process from within there and then attempt to remove it via control panel.

4. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

Awsome, I did this and all the menu bars disappeared so I had to force shut down my computer and restart ;C But when I got back on the program wasn't running and I could delete it! I had to have a Steam account to get APB and apparently that required a Gamersfirst account. I knew it was a bad idea, I guess I thought I might be able to do it with my new video card, it would've lagged to the point of being a picture. But now I can run Minecraft at an amazing performance of 50 fps on highest settings (My previous card did 1-10 fps on lowest settings until 1.8, when it couldn't run it at all.) oh wait I didn't even have a card, the output was straight from my motherboard.

5. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

If it was Pando Media Booster, then yeah. That should get deleted ASAP. I've just always been able to launch straight from steam. Don't have anything else that comes up.

6. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

Hmm, if you're talking about the Windows GUI disappearing (the windows, menus, pointers etc) then you probably terminated the process for Windows Explorer. You need to make sure its the correct one.

7. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

If you accidently close explorer again: Just press ctrl-alt-del again to get the Task Manager. Then, click "File" at the top, then "New Task", and then type in: "explorer.exe". It will bring back everything without a need to restart.

8. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

What's with you nubs doing ctrl-alt-del? L2ctrl-shift-esc. Dhugg, you're a good man.

Sushimitzu likes this.