Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

Pawned vs Apple

Discussion in 'Banter' started by Sushimitzu, 22 Nov 2011.

1. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Addicted

Oh, Nokia is bad. Some time ago there was this huge uproar in the media here because they cut thousands of jobs in Germany to move to some low loan country in the far east.

2. Portrend

Portrend Addicted

Good thing i don't support their outrageous shenanigans <3 Samsung Galaxy Ace FTW :D

On another note Ramashi's building looks epic. I thought i recognized the style <3 1.8 town house ;)

3. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Samsung Galaxy Ace... Lmfao. Miniature Samsung Galaxy S? I fail to see how it's FTW. Samsung Galaxy Nexus FTW.

4. Improper

Improper Member

I have a Samsung something something something. Idk what it is.

5. EpicCookieJar

EpicCookieJar You got to love my cookies!

Uhhh... I have a Samsung Star witch is held together with duck tape ..

swipe10 and shornb like this.
  6. Improper

Improper Member

Sounds like you should get a new phone. ;)

7. EpicCookieJar

Nah I will wait till the new I-Phone has released (Or just till it is not that over priced)

8. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

I hope you're joking... Seriously, iPhone? Get a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Even the new iPhone won't beat the spec of that.

It has a 720p display and 1GB of RAM. I think that alone is enough reason to get it.

Oh and it's Android. Which is far superior to iOS. Another reason to get.

9. Improper

Improper Member

Or just don't get an iPhone? Surely the fact that it's an iPhone is enough reason to get something else?

10. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

I stated to not get an iPhone. It's the Samsung Galaxy Nexus which has the 720p display and 1GB of RAM.

11. Improper

Improper Member

I see that, I meant to just not even consider an iPhone. I probably typed that up a bit awkwardly ._.

12. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Yeah, you did type it up a bit oddly.

But yeah, considering an iPhone is a tad silly.

13. Improper

Improper Member

I'm bad at conversing, shh ;)
    The iPhone is just a stupid idea. Most people have phones and iPods already. There wasn't really a reason to combine the two.

14. shornb

shornb Active Member VIP

Pawned is actually a apple hater.... ill admit that apple can be really bad but they are not as bad as pawned makes them out to be.

15. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Really? If anything I thought I was being too kind to them.

When you gain some knowledge on the subject maybe you'll understand :rolleyes:

16. shornb

shornb Active Member VIP

I like my iPhone, my iPad, my mac book and my ipod... I think apple is awesome. I haven't ever had a problem with them. However, they are over priced but these products may take alot to make so they do need to make profit on them. We all have our preferences pawned You obviously hate apple. Apple is better than PC because:
    Reliable sleep mode: it comes back on almost instantly so you dont have to keep shutting it down. Windows PC never had this it is no where near instant and people just shut down their PC's now because it justs takes SO LONG.
    Fast boot times: Mac takes about 25 seconds or less to start up and about 5-8 seconds to shut down. PC takes along time to start up especially vista
    this can take minutes to start up.
    I have to go in a minuet so...
    Apple uses good quality parts.
    Has less blinking lights (minor but this can annoy people)
    Easy to troubleshoot.
    Mac is better than PC. Byee!!

17. EpicCookieJar

*Gots 2 I-touches, 1 Macbook and a I-pad*:oops:

18. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

iPhones are... Well. They're nicely designed, but they're far too limited, overpriced, low-specced and uncustomizable.

iPad... No comment. I find all tablet PCs to be pointless pieces of equipment.

Macbook. Yeah, they're pretty good for laptops. But again, overpriced. A better laptop can be purchased for half the price.

iPods are good. Well, iPod Touch anyway. Easily the best portable media player on the market.

Yes, Apple do need to make profit on their products. But I'd just like to point out that Apple make more profit from a single product than any other company does. They make at least 200% profit on a single product. Oh and a side-note, most of their hardware is manufactured by Samsung.

Sleep mode... Well, I generally don't use sleep-mode. Mainly because I like to let my computer rest properly during the 12 hours that I'm not going to be using it. Whilst in sleep mode the computer is still turned on, so you're shortening the life-span of the components. The 10 seconds I have to wait for my computer to turn on aren't really much of a bother for me...

You're right about Apple having a faster boot time than Windows (I lol'd when you mentioned Vista. That's a disgrace to computing.) , but that's not exactly hard to achieve. Linux, which is a FREE Operating System has a faster boot time than both Mac and Windows. However, the only reason Apple have a faster boot time is because all of their computers have specific hardware. They design the OS system to be able to perform as best as it can for that specific hardware. Windows and Linux have to cater for the billions of combinations of hardware that are used with their OS and you'll find that with a powerful (still cheaper than a Mac, though) PC that the boot-times between the Mac and PC are pretty equal, and when using Linux much much quicker.

EDIT FROM PHONE: Haha. I just counted down from the moment I clicked "shut down" to my computer actually being shut down. All fans off, everything. 2 seconds it took. And note that this is on an £800 PC(Well actually, by now the price of the components have gone down so it's really only £600 or so), so it's still cheaper than a Mac, remember that.

Apple uses good quality parts... You see, this is the argument that always makes me facepalm. Apples hardware is manufactured by the same companies that manufacture components for PC, so it really makes no sense at all... Quite easy to tell that someone has little to no knowledge about computers and hardware when they make a statement like that.

I'm not sure what you mean by has less blinking lights? My computer has no blinking lights at all.

Easy to troubleshoot? Hah... Funny. I've always found that I'm able to find and fix an issue with my computer faster than my dad is able to find and fix an issue with his Macs.

In your case, I really don't understand the point in a Macbook. It's an overpriced laptop running a downgraded version of Linux. I'd buy a PC for half the price and then install Linux. It'd be much faster (in both use, boot time and sleep time) and have much greater potential.

TL;DR: Apple make good products, but they're far too overpriced, downgraded and limited. They're unable to be customized by the user and leave much to be desired. Far cheaper alternatives can be found and will provide you with a much better experience.

Your biggest mistake is thinking that PC = Windows. I never stated that Windows was good, I never stated that Windows was a better OS. Windows is a horrible excuse for an Operating System, much like Mac. The best OS by far for a PC is Linux, it's user-friendly (Well, some distributions such as Ubuntu, anyway), super-fast and packed full of features. Not to mention it'll run faster than any other Operating System, even on a 10 year old laptop.

The only way Windows beats Mac and Linux is when you're comparing them for gaming. In which case there's really no competition. Windows is the only Operating System you could choose for gaming.

Haha... Even my TL;DR is too long... *sigh*

19. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

I like the iPod touch. Just like you said Pawned, it's the best portable media player out there, certainly one of the best purchases I've ever made. I use it for tons of things, but for anything it can't do you can get a phone. Not an iPhone, a proper phone that I can call and text with and doesn't cost £50,000.

The iPads are (from what I've seen) the best of the tablet computers available on the market, aside from the fact they can't run flash. They're fast, responsive and have access to however many thousands of apps there are now. If you're going to buy a tablet, the iPad's the one to get, but I would never buy a tablet in the first place.

Apple are an amazing company. They can take a dog turd, stick it in a shiny metal box and sell it for hundreds. Some of their products are pretty good, but most are terrible. Steve Jobs was an exceptional businessman and Apple will suffer without him, and some of the things we take for granted nowadays were brought to us by him. It may not be his originally, but without him the world would be very different, so hats off to the man I say.

20. Creeperlover

Creeperlover Active Member

TL;DR but i agree definitly not getting an iphone. I have a touch why would i need an iphone? No matter what my dad says lol!
    (um i cant find the spoiler code button :O)