Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

PortrenD's Admin Application -P

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Portrend, 2 Jul 2012.

1. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

So here I am again ... ​

Well Pawncraft community, I am PortrenD and after viewing the recent announcement of junior admins I thought "I might as well" apply for admin.

In my one year and a bit here I have seen the whole community grow into a war torn third world country with diamonds as low as 15 pawn! I mean c'mon guys! Then there's the side of Pawncraft my mind remembers, The wonderful citadels built by the community, together bonding brick upon brick with their passion for Pawncraft. This is the Pawncraft I want to be admin for.

It's inevitable that you'll read this and recollect my numerous bans, to which I acknowledge and respect to the highest standard. Let me just tell you this; With every ban I took, I grew stronger. I knew that one day I would get that perma and I wouldn't return. This perma ban was issued by SupWithThat and his stubborn ways saw me without Pawncraft for a number of months. This was the longest ban I have ever served and before promising I would change and never doing so, I really did reflect on all of my time on Pawncraft and how half of it had been in bans giving off the wrong impresion to players new and old. I think this is a good thing as when banning a player I can see things from their prospective and give them the benefit of doubt where I see fit.

In-game Name: Pullan1234 / PortrenD
    I use Pullan1234 instead of PortrenD as PortrenD was compromised.

My birthday is 13th of february, the same date I registered here.

"What game do you want to administrate?"

I wish to admin on both Pawncraft and Pekkit, which means I am applying to administrate the Minecraft side of Pawncraft.

"Why do you want to become an admin?"

With the recent expansions and Pawncraft now having a Tekkit server (Pekkit) I can see that the admins we currently have aren't enough to cover both servers. The admin base, aswell as the player base, have been split and both "different communities" need to be governed with considerate force on offence.
    I.E; An item on Tekkit may cause damage not logged by logblock and an admin would need to be able to find out how to sort it.
    Whereas Pawncraft, the majority of things are logblock supported as logblock is a anti-griefing plugin specifically made to support Minecraft.

This is just an example but one of the things I had in mind.

Although my history shows signs of rule negligence and subordination, I honestly think I am constantly changing for the greater good. No longer is it my goal to disrupt peoples gameplay. When I do, I always reflect on how I felt joining Pawncraft and how pissed off (Excuse the language) I was when I got killed and my gameplay was ruined.
    I admit, I have disrupted players experience here and I agree, some players may have left because of my actions to which I apologize but I have learnt and I want to spread my newly found skills with the community, and give back what I have taken from many players.

"Have you been an admin before? (In Any Game)"

I have co-owned numerous Habbo Retro hotels with my friend Adam Gibson. He's an online friend but he "found" me staffing on another hotel and liked my mature approach to dealing with incidents <---- Hard to believe right?

I have also led and run numerous crews on a game called Infamous Gangsters, this is a text based mafia game to which players have to rank up and be the best they can. I found myself in charge of a 300 member strong crew, I had to protect them all from shooters, fight their corner and most of all keep them entertained and inline. I think this is important because I have good community co-operation when needed.

Leading on from this, I have moderated on Runescape Private Servers. I moderated a server called Blitzscape to which I was ranked Moderator. This rank was a rank setup to help the community with any problems they may have had. As moderator I was automatically listed as an exploit finder to which I found many exploits, these exploits were fixed to enhance the gameplay people shared and ensure everything was fair.

I am currently Admin on another Tekkit server, I played this server with "PongoLongo" as we got to grips with Tekkit for the first time together. I haven't played much there since the introduction of Pekkit but I helped the owners "sort out" their community when they had a mix of griefers and genuine players. Pongo will, I hope, confirm this and agree with me when I say; I played a key role in the staff teams relations with the community there, something I hope to bring if i'm made Junior Admin here at Pawncraft.

Anything else you would like us to know;

Although I have been banned previously I wish to put this all in the past and move on. I am not that same person, I actually want to help people enjoy their experience here. I sometimes do have an explosive personality but I can modify it. I'm not going to make all these promises like "Ohh I wont do this I wont do that" but in all seriousness when a job needs doing I can get the job done, efficiently and effectively.

I am one of three leaders of 1337, a clan notorious for their trolling and PVP. I have recently tried to cut down on PVP for the same reasons I am applying for admin. It disrupts players gameplay, and I personally want players to enjoy their time here. I never thought that people may use Minecraft or even Pawncraft to get away from problems they may face real life. This was naive of me and morally wrong, which is why I want to make amends and give back to the community of which I robbed of a pleasant care free experience here.

Thank you for reading, I know it's quite long but I wanted people to know I mean what I say.
    ~PortrenD​

Tootitbootit likes this.
  2. Portrend

AMBER: Sorry if this melts your eyes.

the_amber_trap and Tootitbootit like this.
  3. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

This application is very well thought out. Amber may cry tears of happiness. I found minimal grammar errors. Excellent work :)

Tootitbootit and Portrend like this.
  4. Dhugg

Dhugg Borkerer of Worlds

Too much of a chav. Denied.

5. pongolongo

pongolongo Active Member VIP

Vouch vouch vouch vouchy vouch vouch vouch. I also vouch for the fact that he was an admin on another tekkit server and to put it his way 'played a key role in the staff teams relationship with the community'. :D

Tootitbootit likes this.
  6. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

In my eyes, a thoroughly reformed young chap who deserves as much of a chance as anyone else.

I'll vouch, I do believe you have potential - Good luck.

Tootitbootit and Portrend like this.
  7. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman! RAINBRO

Dear Portrend, Adam,

I've known you for 1 1/2 years or so now, and I think I'm the person who knows you best inside Pawncraft! :)
    Recently I've spoken to you about the change you made, that I didn't liked it the way things turned out between us : That change was for the good! :)

Deffinetly vouching for this apllication, great potential and, oh well, a bit of a insider on the admin side isnt that bad for me ofcourse!
    Muhahahahahahahhahaha

With kind regards, and lots of hugs and kisses to portrend,
    Tootitbootit.
    No homo, right?​

8. Portrend

Quite happy to read that from you of all people <3 Hit home the importance of rules.

9. Portrend

If I got admin nobody get special treatment ;) Jkerr and Skin give no inside info to clan, so me no either.

Also baby fully homo, I like it.<3

10. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman! RAINBRO

Wasnt saying I wanted it for the clan, Hurrhurr ^^

11. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

"new" Port has the potential - I vouch for junior admin!

Portrend likes this.
  12. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

Vouch. You have good admin qualities, and i do believe you have changed from the port that got permad, several times. However you still can be a bit stubborn, and occasionally quite blunt and brutal with the way you treat people. However all in all, like the others, i do think you have changed, and that as a junior admin you would be able to prove your maturity and your ability to handle responsibilty.

Portrend likes this.
  13. crinkle

crinkle Still very much bizness. VIP RAINBRO

Personally speaking, and im speaking in my own experience here, I still see you trolling from IRC quite a lot (not so much in game), and certainly some of your language can be very coarse. And sometimes I'm quite sure you're winding people up (such as simonspanner) because you know they are likely to react negatively. I swear like a ***tard in real life but keep it quite minimal on the pawncraft radar.

But im not all bad news. You are quite active on the server, I see your reasons here as legitimate. You have experience on pekkit (which i've never been on), and junior admin rank might give you enough scope to change my opinion.

Sorry if i've pooped the party a bit with my opinion, but it wouldnt be fair to give you anything else.

14. Portrend

Pooping on a party is always good, gets rid of the under-age drinkers <3 I do love your simonspanner thingy ;) But I agree, I do troll him quite alot. x) Sorry ;)

15. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

We all love new Port (I loved old Port too). Why don't we just skip junior Admin and go straight to Admin? Huh? Huh?

16. Portrend

Thanks vork :3

17. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

Define all, I did not love old port, how dare you speak on my behalf!

Portrend likes this.
  18. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

All=Probably any non-mage. :rolleyes:

19. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I know plenty of non-mages, myself included, who did not like the old PortrenD :p

20. Vork Moin

Vork Moin Addicted

Guess I'm special then.