Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Price Ceilings/Economy Idea

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duzenbury, 4 Dec 2011.

?

What do you think?

1. I like it!

11.1%
  2. It has some merit : )

55.6%
  3. Duzenbury has lost his darned marbles....

11.1%
  4. Indifferent : |

22.2%
  1. Duzenbury

Duzenbury Member

Pawned, Server,

I feel like we need an update on price ceilings. I would like to first thank Pawned and the admin staff for all of their work and dedication and for the upkeep of the server.

Primarily I feel as though this price list should serve as a price ceiling, and potentially be adopted for a 'server store' that sells ALL blocks at these prices or a bit higher as a pawn dump. I also feel that we need a way to introduce pawn INTO the server: maybe players could sell these blocks for 50-75% of the ceiling price to gain a little bit of pawn to spend.

I didn't spend horribly long on this but I did use some formulas, thoughts on how long things take to farm, how abundant they are, how many drop, possible dangers, etc.

Original Price is on the left, what I created is on the right.

[​IMG]

Captain_Reginald likes this.
  2. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

nothing seams to relate to each other, with this i will feel pressure to turn all my cobble into stone brick because it will be more profitable then selling the coal and cobble.

8 cobble + 1 coal = 24
    8 stone brick = 96

3. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

How does 1 diamond = 100 yet a stack = 5000.

I'd rather sell them in singles.

4. Duzenbury

Duzenbury Member

I would sell stacks for less because of the lump sump incoming and because when you buy in bulk typically there is a small discount associated.

Also, Soren, you would sell what people are wanting to buy.

5. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

a 1,400 pawn discount ?

6. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

What happened to the other thread? We did quite the maths there.

7. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

What people are going to want to buy is the coal and the cobble to make it them selvs, thuss i will never be able to sell stone brick.

8. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

The "Price Guideline" in Server Information...?

9. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

Indeed, but for whatever reason nothing actually ever happened to the prices. Plus you pretty much ignored our ideas. :p

10. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

I'm not a big fan of math, so I was hoping an admin would look at your ideas and calculations. Though, I don't see the point in a 100% accurate pricing schematic.

11. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

look at the discount for 10 stacks of diamonds, 22k discount

12. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

I had to give up on the Maths for everything when 1.0 came out. Once I get excel working though I'll probably try andake a changeable table, so we can see the prices for everything just by changing the price of one item, most likely coal.

13. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

i think it should be wood, coal isnt used in everything while wood is needed at some point to obtain anything... even coal.

14. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I believe the main problem with the economy previously was not people selling too high, but instead the opposite. Everyone was undercutting the accepted norms and it was impossible to make any sort of profit on materials.

15. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

I was able to sell blaze rods for 50 and now Slaw is telling me he cant even get 30 for em now.

16. Duzenbury

Duzenbury Member

Supply vs. Demand, you know...

17. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Which is why there are subsidies instead of this mythical free market I keep hearing about.

18. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

Supply vs demand doesn't work well in this instant because the supply of everything is always at 100% percent. It is avalaible to go mine, farm, and/or collect. Instead what is happening is essentially Pawn Shop scenario. Users that spend loads of time mining, or collecting do not want to wait the waiting period for a buyer to come to them to buy something they have for sale. Instead they want instant cash, and thus sell items at ridiculus low prices. Thus, if done in large quantities, there is lots of money to be had. Only thing you can do is report the ones who are breaking the rules (unless you penalize them of course).

19. MrHobbits

MrHobbits The Angry Panda Staff Member

One way that has nothing to do with mining, is that when people donate, they get pawn; when they vote on some sites, they are rewarded with Pawn as well.

These seem like acceptable methods of obtaining pawn, and thus bringing Pawn into the server.

@Vlad, I agree with your scenario. I think it would be interesting if there was a mod that would work like duckshop and auction combined. Something that you could do would be /sell cobble 64, at which point the server would take your 64 cobble, and based upon a table set by Pawned/Admins. When someone wants to buy cobble, they would do /buy cobble 128, at which point the system would deduct XXX Pawn from buyer's account, give them the 64 cobble, give seller their share of the money (being that 64 cobble was theirs, the 64 would come from other sellers). In order to prevent market flood (15,000 cobble in queue) all items that are for /sale would expire after 6 hours and be returned to the Seller.

Man, if I knew ANYTHING about modding I would totally write this mod. It could also be used to set supply/demand as the server would set a threshold at which the server-set price would lower based upon the amount of stock the 'storage queue' contained. So if it ever reached 15,000 cobble, the price per cobble would drop to 1pwn (not Pawn). As the supply were depleted, price would go back up. I also think the server set price would have to rest at the middle of the threshold (i.e. 50% or maybe 25%) so if the stock was 1% of the total amount before threshold, the price would increase by 1% once it dropped below 10% stock. ((e.g. cobble threshold set at 10,000, 90 cobble in stock, set price for 1 cobble would be 10pwn, to buy 1 cobble price would be 11pwn.))

Does this make any sense?

Oh, and about the original topic.. No, those prices are horrible. Please see original thread regarding server suggested retail values as much math has gone into them. I know we will never achieve perfection, but it should be close to it.

As far as punishing those who price gouge/rape, there are no rules (as of yet) that says they cant do it. I saw today a party was selling things for say.. 50Pawn, which he was undercut by someone else for half that for the same quantity. That sort of thing will and did happen all the time.

I do also eventually see the economy becoming more stable as people work out their issues and they agree on their own prices.