Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

Regular Chaos Day?

Discussion in 'Banter' started by tunesnatcher, 16 Nov 2011.

1. tunesnatcher

tunesnatcher Active Member

So I was thinking about the awesomeness of the last chaos day and it hit me. "why not make chaos day a regular thing?" We could do a chaos day every month, and revert the map (day before probly.). It would be really fun and it would likely give the entirety of pawncraft something nice to look forward to.;)

2. MrHobbits

MrHobbits The Angry Panda Staff Member

Every month? I feel pulled both ways on this.

Good: I like the idea of people being able to run around and get out all their pent up frustrations. I know some people would love nothing more than to ruin everything 1337 has ever created.

Bad: For one, server and owner work load. There are significant changes that have to be made in order for them to make this possible. Another thing to consider too is that if it happens often enough, new members who happen to join on that particular day *could* assume that griefing is something everyone does and is a condoned practice. Which would lead to more griefing on non-chaos days, and therefor wind up with a lot of confused bans. Probably from me.

A work around for the server owners would be to set up a temporary server (like they have done for the 1.9, and the one we played on while the 1.8 bukkit was being developed) and just copy-pasta the world over to it, then redirect all connections to that world. Set up a fancy MOTD that says "Hey stupid, today is chaos day, you have unlimited /give or /creative permies. Blow this world apart!

3. tunesnatcher

The fancy MOTD could explain how its chaos day, and that its only one day every month. Eliminating the chance of people mistaking
    Chaos Day for a daily thing.

4. VladTheImposter

VladTheImposter Addicted

Do you know how many people actually read anything? Ask all of the guests. Most cant find the rules thread. I think it would cause more trouble then its worth but the idea is fair.

5. tunesnatcher

If they're too stupid to read, I dont want them on the server.

6. MrHobbits

MrHobbits The Angry Panda Staff Member

Sometimes stupid doesnt have anything to do with it. Most of the time people dont care what's being said as much of what is thrown at us these days we're trained to tune out (banners, long texts, etc..)

7. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

chaos day every month, to much, would is be possible to have one after every update?

8. AlexKM

AlexKM Active Member VIP

Woah woah woah. Bad idea. Many clans like to have secret rooms or hidden bases/farms, which would be a primed TNT away from discovery. Then, after the end of the Monthly Chaos Day, suddenly everyone knows about your secret underground base. Then comes the problem of farm-stompers and PvP stalkers, which really defeats the purpose of a hidden base in the first place.
    Just my 2 cents.

9. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit

I agree, lots of issues with it, don't see how it could work.

10. shornb

shornb Active Member VIP

I think this is a awesome idea but like rowan said too much every month plus there will be too many problems for the server like everyone has pointed out.

11. swipe10

swipe10 Member

LESS TALK MORE BLOWING THINGS UP :D

12. tunesnatcher

Well, there goes my dream of destroying the world of destroying pawmcraft :(...

13. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

This should not happen. Full stop.

14. shornb

shornb Active Member VIP

I say if you want a chaos day save your tnt blow things up and get banned :)

AlexKM likes this.
  15. Tootitbootit

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman!

I would love nothing more than to ruin everything iKickHobbits has ever created.

shornb likes this.