Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Should we be concerned?

Discussion in 'Banter' started by Tedx68racing, 20 Aug 2012.

1. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

After the banning of xIcaerusIx I was told that at some point he said "You'll regret this" to someone. I don't know if this was in game, forum related, private, admin, etc. and if holding this information is obtrusive, feel free to let me know. Although it's time to get to the point. Was today's spam-attack dileberate? Could it have possible been launched or comissioned by a former banned member? I don't care who, just anyone? Or was it just a n00b grief team with a little time on their hands? Not that they got close to crashing the server or anything, but I'm just worried that we might get DDOS'd or majorly griefed by the same guys. I know that there's nothing we can do about it. But I'm seriously worried and just wanted to ask for some opinions before I start to go crazy from fear.

Thanks ~Ted~

2. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

It was kinda fun staying ahead of the spammers, and it actually helped us tighten up security - at the moment, as far as we know, there's nothing guests can now do to spam our server...

3. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I wasn't on when it happened, (I was at the in-laws' with the family) but an attack like this seems pointless and stupid anyway. It doesn't really do anything but fill up chat and is a momentary annoyance at best. I mean, enough people screaming stupid nonsense will be a bit of a pain, but not like the pain of not having the server for a few days.

4. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

5. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

lawl. That made my morning already Mira, thanks. ^_^

6. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

Thanks for pointing that out, Ted. Even if it was Caerus, and he managed to get a bunch of his buddies rounded up (Which, imo, is highly unlikely) they'll get bored and leave in a day. I don't think it's anything to worry about.