Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

- Skyrim - I NEED YOU! - P

Discussion in 'Banter' started by Portrend, 18 Feb 2012.

1. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

I need a little help ... ​

Well, I see myself as not very good at Skyrim. I know this seems weird but I don't understand how the enchanting works. This is the main reason I suck at fighting, the lack of weapon "add-ons".

I'm a level 34 dark elf, I prefer to use One-handed weapons. I wear Flawless Plate armor. I also like to wear my Nightingale armor
    (I haven't finished following Mercer Frey into the dwemer/falmor area because I keep dyeing.)

I don't have very good perks, I kept switching what I wanted to do. What do you guys advise me to do to get better in combat?

I'll keep this updated with all my stuff so you guys can keep helping ;) I accept this isn't much to go on but yeah xD​

2. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

With my one handed character I used magic in one hand and a sword or dagger in the other. I'd use the magic hand for hitting enemies from a distance (Alternatively, you could use a bow) and then I used it for healing when actually in combat and taking damage.

3. Portrend

I have; Mehrunes Dagger, Chillrend, Nightingale Blade, and an Elven dagger of scorching (Epic) which is surprisingly powerful.
    I also need to know how to fill soul-gems quick and easy. I don't have a "Kill in X amount of seconds and fills one soul gem" weapon. How else can I get them?

4. Portrend

Due to my lack of Armour etc, I have to keep health in the second hand.

I have a Breezehome fully decorated and about 50K+ In goods ready to be sold. I also have 13K gold. So if you advise me to buy anything it can be arranged.

5. Portrend

On another note; Portrend
    Well-Known Member when did that happen :eek:

6. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Mehrune's Dagger is the one that has a chance to 1-hit something, right? I used that dagger all the time as my primary weapon after obtaining, with magic in the second hand and occasionally switching to bow and arrow if I felt like it.

I can't remember what armour I used, I know I had the arch mages robes and that dude's mask on, though...
    It's a post-count thing.

7. Portrend

It has a 5% chance of an auto-kill. I just feel i'm depending on that weapon too much. I have it as (Exquisite) and I feel the 29 damage it gives on a standard blow isn't enough ...

8. Portrend

I'm also looking for suggestions on armour guys! I'm more the heavy-armour type of guy stat wise. But, i'm starting to prefer the lighter armour because i'm now in the thieves guild, and I can sneak easier with it.

9. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

Have the different quality levels been renamed in the UK? I don't remember seeing exquisite as one of the levels.

10. Portrend

I don't think so, you have Exquisite, Flawless and Epic? Only ones I've seen so far.

What have you seen?

11. Portrend

You have superior too.

12. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

Yeah, there's " fine, superior, flawless, legendary"

13. Portrend

Oh, well I don't know then. xD

14. Portrend

Quality
    Skill Required
    Effect
    Without Perk With Perk Armor Other
    Fine 14 14 +2 +1
    Superior 31 22 +6 +3
    Exquisite 65 40 +10 +5
    Flawless 100 57 +13 +7
    Epic 134 74 +17 +8
    Legendary 168 91 +20 +10

15. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

It seems to me that the chance for an insta-kill drops with higher difficulty levels, which means Mehrune's Razor is pretty much useless on Master.

Get Smithing, Enchantment and Alchemy to 100. Especially the latter takes huge amounts of time and money.

For leveling Smithing, buy Iron Ore or bars and make rings. Or even better, get the Transmute spell (it's lying around in some easy cave called Halted Stream Camp). Using this you can turn Iron Ore to Silver Ore and Silver Ore to Gold Ore. Now make golden rings. Money!

For leveling Enchantment, find or buy a weapon with Soul Trap and disenchant it so you can make your own. Enchant one of your weapons with Soul Trap. Then buy all the Petty and Low soul gems, both the empty and the filled ones. Now when you go out there into the wilderness to quest or whatever, always remember to kill them with this weapon so that you get a filled gem. Always pick up those shitty Iron Daggers. You can then enchant them with Life Steal or Paralyze, which is very valuable. Pick up the Gloves/Bracers to enchant them with Fortify Sneak. Most of the other stuff can be enchanted with Fortify Destruction, which is valuable, but not as valuable as the ones I mentioned.
    It is worth noting that every Soul Gem gives the same amount of experience. So do not waste your money on Grand Soul Gems (yet).

Leveling Alchemy is a bit more time-consuming. You can fast travel between Riften and Markarath (takes 24h each so the shops are always reset when you come to the next town) to buy lots of ingredients. On the Wiki you can find some recipes for mixing up very valuable potions. More valuable potions give more experience.

Now, once you got these three skills to 100, follow this guide for the best possible equipment in Skyrim. Basically, what you do is boost enchanting with alchemy and boost alchemy with enchanting until you hit the cap. Then you use smithing to make your equipment legendary and enchanting to give your items awesome effects.

If you are playing some sort of stealthy character, that is what I played, so I'll just post my outfit:
    [​IMG]
    From what I gathered you are using Heavy Armor, however ("Plate Armor"), so you should use Daedric Armor instead. Also, note that I should be using Daedric weapons.
    Finally, you may have noticed that I have a lot of "destruction spells cost less to cast" enchantments. That is because if you have 100% cost reduction, your enchanted weapons will no longer use up charge. (Do not ask me why my dagger has lost charge. :s Probably used it before I got the cost reduction and then never recharged it.)

16. Portrend

So what if I got my Mehrunes dagger and disenchanted it. Would I learn how to enchant insta-kill?

17. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Tips from my brother:

- Find an item with the banish enchant, disenchant it
    - make iron daggers, with petty soul gems enchant em with banish
    - make a ton of cash!

18. Portrend

I don't need cash! BRAAAAHGG!!`

19. Portrend

I've done all this, I have just enchanted my steel plate armor and now it's pretty epic. I also enchanted my skyforge sword and that's pretty epic too.

I don't understand though, when I slaughter a guard and attach soul trap too him. It says "No soul big enough" What size do I need? (No she didn't say "it)

20. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Why a glass dagger/bow instead of ebony or daedric? Why a falmer helm, which is heavy armor instead of the light armor for most of your other equipment? Why use a circlet instead of a helm with an actual armor value?

edit-Never mind the question about the dagger and bow. I just caught the bit where you acknowledged you should be using daderic weapons.