Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Something unique next time

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soren025, 24 May 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. yes

80.0%
  2. no

10.0%
  3. maybe... if...

10.0%
  1. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

My Idea is a long term one that i don't think any of you would enjoy to see in the near future. But next time the map resets I would really like the opportunity to create a custom generated world for the server using something called
    Terrain Control. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/terrain-control/

EDIT: I would like to note that everything in the video including the structures is naturally generated.

I have taken an interest in this plugin recently and have been learning how to use it for various reasons. With this i can modify everything about generation and make a truly unique world with exotic trees and mountainous terrain that will actually look like mountains.

With generation I can set up configurations and leave let it randomly place the biomes for a world that even I cant say what it will look like, or I can go even further and hand craft the biomes with an image like this one.

[​IMG]

This biome map created this below

[​IMG]

What do you all think? sound like something you would all like?

stuntmanster likes this.
  2. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Looks cool!

3. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I'm intrigued by it, but I'm not sure how I feel about someone building our map by hand. I sort of like the randomness of it.

4. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

The image biome map is just an option. the plugin's main body is 29438724 configuration variables that will randomly generate the world so its not built by hand. I will be honest though, using the biome map image saves a lot of time by not needing to balance out all of the biome generation configurations.

5. the_amber_trap

How does this affect the positioning of ores, strongholds, and NPC villages?

6. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

Ores: By default it would remain the same as normal generation, however there are configurations for each individual biome to change how they generate such as rarity and how far down and such.

Strongholds: I would have to test how they will be effected. my guess is so long as i don't edit cave generation at all they will remain the same. This is a good question and I will have to test this out sometime by generating a world and go to a stronghold see what happens.

EDIT: Strongholds have proven to generate normally.

NPC villages: same as strongholds, though I am more optimistic about their state then strongholds. Again I should generate a world and check it out.

EDIT: NPC villages have shown to generate normally as well.

7. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

Would it be possible to just make small islands like that and 'drop' them into a current world?

8. Morganathon

Morganathon He Who Likes Trains

This does seem great. I think it'd show to be interesting.

9. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

World edit would have to be used to do that. Copy the entire island, save it as a schematic, and then paste it in.

the current Pawncraft map contains an insane amount of ocean from what i saw on the world map, would be nice to fill that in with a few custom islands.

slawitb0i, TheRowan and Miralynn like this.
  10. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

Look at this redstone engineer fucking nerding up shit again! I hate you for being a don at redstone, fascinates me but frustrates me ;( Wish I picked engineering and went down that path now!

Overall Soren; I think this is a superb idea, it allows users to pick what they would like in a map and I think this could boost how users play. Would also be a unique "selling point" for the server "Come to pawncraft and play on a player designed map hand reared for your entertainment!"

I would also like to inquire as to how ore deposits would work. Is it a simple Whole thing water process then the land takes away the water and conjoins with the below? Or is it much more complicated? Or even simpler? xD

I would also like to know how it affects usual spawned things, such as ravines, caves, strongholds and mob spawners. I think players would much rather prefer a random generated map as to a one with half strongholds or spawners missing.

So all in all I think this is a wonderful idea but I think you should do some research and write it up in an "Edit" on the topic to fill in all of our questions, like a little FAQ (Frequently asked Questions) area.

Nice job, Diamonds for you.

<merged by Pawned> Please use the edit button in the future.

Soren025 likes this.
  11. crinkle

crinkle Still very much bizness. VIP RAINBRO

Does it contain a biome called cakelands?

If it does it gets my vote.

the_amber_trap likes this.
  12. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

[​IMG]

I give you cakelands, a biome ware the entire surface is made of cake

EDIT: the date modified doesn't mean I am physic, I just didn't save it at the time if your wondering

13. crinkle

crinkle Still very much bizness. VIP RAINBRO

4th of the 23rd? i thought we only had 12 months in a year!

14. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Silly Americans and their incomprehensible month/day/year - I fail to see how whoever came up with that order thought it was a clever/logical idea.

Sushimitzu likes this.
  15. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

its obviously not possible to use an order that will be comprehensible to both parties so I shall invent a new one that is incomprehensible to everyone so no one feels left out.

first 2 digits of the year / last letter of the month followed by the 2nd letter / last 2 digits of the year / day of the month in bianary

so the date last modified is actually 20/LP/12/10111

Sushimitzu likes this.
  16. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Makes more sense than m/d/y, let's use it!

17. Morganathon

Morganathon He Who Likes Trains

So if something next to not making sense makes more sense than something that doesn't make sense we use the one that kind of makes sense?

18. the_amber_trap

Literally.

Sushimitzu likes this.
  19. Soren025

Soren025 Active Member

I would really like to do this to get some practice in, assuming pawned gives the go ahead I would love to make islands for people to put into the current map.

20. the_amber_trap

Assuming this was a possibility, how would you handle creating the map? Would you take requests from members for a particular layout? Would you use real-life examples of continents and biomes? Would you just randomly create your coastlines and fill them in?