Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Staff Advantages

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by xICaerusIx, 6 Jul 2012.

?

Should Admins Continue This?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

This post is made to adress some issues that the community and I have been waiting to be discuessed.The issues mainly revolve around server administrators spawning in items to get & give advantages.
    Issues:
    1. Staff members spawning in items for their clan
    2. Staff members spawning in items to create towns
    3. Staff members copying and pasting creations from the creative world for players *EDIT*
    In Depth Clarification:
    1. Staff members such as Axelmotley spawn in items for their clan, This gives the clan members advantages over other players with things like farms,resources etc. These perks from being in a clan with a administrator that spawns items in can really give a "up-hill" advantage.I dont view this is fair to clan and clan members, Clans such as [ARCH] or [Save] have worked for all their items and their current clan homes for example.

2. Staff members such as SlugBoyTom spawned in items for their town, This gives other towns the "Down-Hill" Advantage due to the comparison of a World Edit'ed town to a town that was built with items collected by the creator. The perks of having a town that is world edited are things like Recruitment and the things the town has to offer. I dont view this is fair to other towns.

3. Staff members will copy creations made by players and paste them in the survival world. In this process the blocks that were created in creative world are now in the survival world, i.e unlegit. I have seen many cases of this, If its either copying a town spawn or a cool creation a player has made, Bottom line its very unlegit and unfair to the community. *EDIT*

2. SupWithThat

SupWithThat Banhammer be strong.

Yeah, its not like we staff have ever used our staff powers to help any of you.

I've world edited for you in the past, if you want me to head off and roll it back in the name of fairness just say the word.

Edit: Infact, why stop at you?

3. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

Extremely large difference in the creation of blocks and the deletion of blocks.

4. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

1. Could you provide evidence for this, please? I mean, if Axel is spawning items for her and her clan, why is she spending so much time out in mines, collecting items for her clan? That really doesn't make any sense what-so-ever, so if you could backup this claim with evidence, rather than throwing around accusations, that'd be great.

2. Considering the amount of time me and the staff team put into helping members of the community, I think it's pretty fair that the small amount of time we get to use on our own builds be aided with world editing abilities. If we did not have these abilities, we'd only be able to build 1 house a day, there's just simply not enough time to build with the constant questions and griefs from both the members and the guests. And to be quite frank, I think we deserve these benefits after all the work we put into the server for YOU.

5. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

In response to Pawned:
    1. Evidence is not needed, and is most certainly not a false accusation. Axel's clan home is comepletely made out of spawned in blocks and also provides perks like Tree farms, Melon farms and much more that were unlegitly created. I do have to say Axel has a fine line between spawned in items and legit items, This is were I think you find the point of axel being in the mines all day. But there is a point where she will spawn in items / world edit for the clan base and the perks it gives. I am not longer a part of her clan and that is the main reason why I cannot provide proof since I do not have acess to the teleportation to their clan base.

2. I never stated that it was unfair that the administrators have the ability to world edit. I think that is a given perk with the rank of a administrator. But I do find it unfair when it starts to intervein with the community such as town competition. I view there should be a line between creations that players have made and creations that staff members have created.

6. SupWithThat

Well, I'll say exactly what I think on this - no point not to:

You've been shown extreme quantities of favour in the past in both staff decisions and time spent helping you with your structures. In chat and in your attitude towards other players you've assumed a role (that I've seen) as a 'demi-admin', whereby you've acted like an authority figure without actually possessing any power.

You've tried to become a mod/admin a few times and I've heard reports of snidey comments from you over the promotion of other players - This leads me to believe that this thread is a firm exemplar of severe butthurt lashing out.

Had to be said.

MrSone, Tootitbootit and Vork Moin like this.
  7. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

1. Funny, since I just did a search on what she's spawned. She has spawned 5 obsidian. That's it. 5 obsidian. So again, unless you can provide proof, this is a false accusation.
    [​IMG]

2. Admins owning towns doesn't seem to contribute much in the way of how successful that town is. Assuming we're going by how much money each town has (what else would we go by?), Epica and Venificus are the top 2 contenders. If we take into consideration the fact that these towns (especially Venificus) were extremely successful before either Slug or Crinkle gained Admin status, I think we can render your point moot.

MrSone and Vork Moin like this.
  8. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

Once again, I have made two threads posting my opinion in the correct manor and it is then shot down by administrators saying that I either am posting this because of "Butt Hurt" or a response towards my moderator application. I am adressing issues that players and I want to be discussed about and this is always the outcome. I have nothing to say about this, The only words that come to my mind are that there are some problems that Pawncraft needs to work upon or even start to look at.

MissVera likes this.
  9. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

When you get these so-far imaginary players to discuss these issues with you, there's not much to talk about.

10. SupWithThat

For once I wish you would have nothing to say.

Complaining about members being promoted in the past, coupled with the fact you're now attempting to get Port demoted + your new found opposition to staff benefits basically just confirm the fact your jimmies are rustled.

MrSone and the_amber_trap like this.
  11. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

The players that I have spoken to have not posted or even engaged in any of these due to the matter of my last post, They are simply afraid to speak their opinion due to the thought of a punishment. I still would like a answer of why both of my opinion threads that were posted in the correct manor have been shot down by administrators with the reason of that I have "Butt Hurt" Or that its a response to my mod application.

12. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

Your previous thread was shot down by members too, not just administrators. Does this not say something?

Again, until you have more than just yourself to claim there's issues, there's nothing to discuss. We need the word of many, not the word of one.

13. SupWithThat

I thought we made the answer abundantly clear - It's extremely obvious that you're acting out purely out of spite.

If YOU were a Jnr Admin alongside Port, you would care about his promotion - in the same vein that if YOU were a fully fledged A0/1/2 then you wouldn't care about the use of staff perks to help build.

There are no punishments for speaking out, either - unless you view the cold hard truth as a punishment, in which case you probably shouldn't go dipping your foot in the pond anyway.

MrSone likes this.
  14. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

I find it just a bit insulting that you would criticize the staff for doing this (And, as Pawned has pointed out, this happens very little) when we constantly sacrifice our free time to help you enjoy the server.

Most admins don't have much time to work on their own projects because they're so busy helping, and the little time we have to ourselves we should be able to work with the help of certain abilities. Tbh, you're coming off as ungrateful and like Sup said, a bit spiteful.

15. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

Currently it is me posting about this issue and the only players in this discussion are the players that have acess to spawning in items. Ill be glad to see the opions of the players that cannot spawn items and that are not in the clans that have a admin that spawns in items for the benifit of the clan's sucess.

16. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Are you honestly suggesting that I shouldn't be allowed to use my admin powers to build a town? This has to be a joke.
    In their limited time on the server, staff members investigate suspected x-rayers, help new members, mediate chat, rollback grief, build community structures, and still try to work on their own projects. Why shouldn't we use world edit, /give, and other admin powers to make our own projects easier?

Axel is not guilty of the crimes you accuse her of, as Pawned has pointed out. You actually do need evidence every time you voice a complaint if you expect action to be taken. Everyone has been told this when threads lacking evidence have been posted.
    As a matter of fact, when she's helped me on my own builds, I've spawned items for her.

17. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

I don't have access to spawning items, I'm Level 0.

18. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I just realized that I actually have spawned items for my clan. However, as I'm currently the only member, I don't think there are any problems with this.

TheKinglyarab, MrSone and MissVera like this.
  19. xICaerusIx

xICaerusIx Member VIP

I have obatined some proof, I thank Pawned for allowing the oppertunity for me to gather these.
    Image One:
    http://i49.tinypic.com/dg2fxh.png
    This shows Pawned saying that the creation I am discussing about is probably spawned in with world edit.
    Image Two:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2ajt9h2.png
    This shows a vault that has 4 levels made out of solid obsidian, All spawned in with world edit, Confirmed by Pawned. This would give players a advantage to having a large secure area for storing items.
    Image Three:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/312u0x5.png
    This shows another 4 story tower spawned in with world edit, Confirmed by Pawned. This gives players a advantage to a large animal farm that gives players the items animals produce such as wool, Eggs, and food.
    Image Four:
    http://i45.tinypic.com/3524xn6.png
    This shows a large tree farm that once again has 4 floors, This gives a advantage to players of obtaining wood very easily.

20. Pawned

Top Poster Of Month

I asked for proof of spawning in items, not of worldediting.

Really? You complain that it's unfair that admins get worldedit, yet if we provide the community with help, it's unfair to the community?

The tower was made in Creative, and pasted over, which is not an admin perk, we do this for players also, which you stated in your OP. Also note that all of the chests are empty, and that the chests were placed by non-admins. http://imgur.com/DDOw2,pLfCS

The tower was made in Creative, and pasted over, which is not an admin perk, we do this for players also, which you stated in your OP. Note how the farm is empty.

The tower was made in Creative, and pasted over, which is not an admin perk, we do this for players also, which you stated in your OP. Note how the saplings for the trees were legitimately obtained and planted. http://imgur.com/DDOw2,pLfCS#1[/quote]