Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Super-Powered Anvils!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 18 Sep 2017.

By Pawned on 18 Sep 2017 at 19:34
  1. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Hi All,

Today I'd like to announce the successor to the infamous repairstone and this comes in the familiar form of an Anvil!

From now on-wards you will be able to left-click an Anvil with a damaged item in your hand and be given the chance to repair it with either Pawn, Diamonds or XP!

But Pawned? How do I break an Anvil I've placed? It just keeps opening open the repair screen?!?! Fret not my child, simply sneak and then hit it and you'll be able to break it no problem!

I hope you enjoy the update :)

Captain_Reginald likes this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawned, 18 Sep 2017.

1. Portrend
      Portrend
      Really good update, on the interface for the reparing though it says like "x XP" rather than levels, was a little bit confused when it took whole levels so if that is editable could help others :D
    2. Pawned
      Pawned
      I've changed some of the language config to make it more obvious it's levels and not just xp points.
      Portrend likes this.
    3. Tootitbootit
      Tootitbootit
      Sweet update, I like that you found a replacement for the repairblock; however, I do think we need to 'balance' this way of repairing out a little more:
      It took me 3 diamonds & 5 levels to repair my enchanted pickaxe through the vanilla mode, compared to the 'super-anvil' that was way cheaper: some 46 levels or 18 (not sure about this) diamonds. Choice for me was rather obvious.

'Vanilla repairing' thus is cheaper which for me makes the update quite useless.
      Maybe we can look at this and see if we can find a balance, or I might be the only one complaining ;p
    4. Captain_Reginald
      Captain_Reginald
      The only thing I might point out is that you can only repair an item with vanilla so many times before it becomes "too expensive" in the anvil when it hits a certain level cost.
    5. Tootitbootit
      Tootitbootit
      Well, if you first use the pickaxe, then rename it, that will reset (only possible once). But that way you can repair it an easy 8 - 10 times, thus saving a lot of resources.