Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Ted's creative application! -Now with cookies!-

Discussion in 'Creative Applications' started by Tedx68racing, 10 Aug 2012.

1. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

IGN: Tedx68racing (I regret that choice still)

Reasons for applying: (Sorry if this is sloppy, I accidentally deleted it once already and I'm quite chuffed about it) Well, even though I'm not a very good builder, I'm applying for creative. The reasons for this are actually quite simple, when I first joined Pawncraft, I was only a two-month long player, I realized that I was pretty far behind with my skills on the grand scheme of things, so I decided to work really hard at it! But soon I realized that people were pre-designing the most AMAZING structures in creative! They were beautiful, I thought to myself "If only I could learn how to build like that" so I started working on my creative application, but the racing season got in the way, and then my screenie world got deleted, so I gave it a few months rest and now I'm back again! The reasons I want to build are all very similar, and sorry for being long-winded about it, but the first one is to learn. I've never been good at building (at least not at the Pawncraft staff's level) and many of the normal and staff players have the most amazing homes and towns built! I decided that I would like to learn from them, Morgan, Dub, Takhz, and other people from my clan and other clans. I love how they build, so I started talking to a few of them, and I realized that they're like me, they're never happy with what they build, and always strive to improve it! So I've decided to make with application with a wing & a prayer that maybe I'll be accepted, and when/if I do, that I can work on making Pawncraft a more beautiful place, one square meter at a time. And my greatest hope is that, in time, I'll be the one teaching other people, and then the people after me will surpass me, kinda' like a generational builder's club. That's my greatest hope, to be able to just go into creative and have a blast building with the people that I admire and enjoy the company of so much.

Strengths: I'm not one for epic builds, I like making cool designs on things with half-slabs, fences, and stairs. I can make a half-decent bridge, and I'm good a staircases with some flare! I love to decorate interiors and screw around with lighting and etc. So in all, I'm not good, I'm just an average detailer.

Tanks for your time! ~Ted~

2. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

You already made steps to do so, so why still bother to ask? lol

3. Tedx68racing

Because I find it polite to do so. :)

fearsomegenie likes this.
  4. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Ted, I'll happily allow this. Many applications have essentially been this anyway.
    If you happen to catch me in game, I can also help with some pointers (especially because one of the few things I still do regularly as admin is monitor Creative applications.)

5. Tedx68racing

Yes sir! I've got a few things in the works right now, I'm not trying to build epic castles (That's unoriginal) , instead I'm focusing on making humble homes look good!

Here we go! I managed to recover this scrennie from my creative world that accidentally got deleted.

You can't see it, but I did some things with mossy-stone-bricks on the bottom of those support pillars to make it look as if they're kelp encrusted. And I also stuffed the underside of the bridge
    with glowstone.

[​IMG]

This is one of the four guard-towers I was adding, there's burning netherack on top to keep it lit, too! (And it looks just EPIC!)

[​IMG]

This is the inside, I think I did an okay job! ^_^

[​IMG]

This is my most prized work from this world, the "Biome Buster" tunnel! It cuts a 200 block long swath through the desert! It had cool nether-brick patterns on the side and a big, glass enclosure before the world got deleted, never managed to take a screenie between it's completion & deletion. Sorry

[​IMG]

6. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

Code:
    [Spoiler]Picture or text goes here[/Spoiler]

7. the_amber_trap

I like the bridge, and I do the same thing with mossy cobble, but I must correct you. Kelp is not something that would be growing between cracks in wet stones. Kelp is a large seaweed. What would most likely be growing on those rocks would be algae, lichens, and mosses. Algae most certainly in the wettest situations (such as the foundation of a bridge), lichen in drier situations (deserts and the like-though the color is wrong), and mosses in shaded, moist locales (but not caves because they're actually TOO dark.)

I LIKE BIOLOGY!

It's a shame that you didn't get images of the completed works. I'm intrigued.

8. Tedx68racing

Sorry for my biological error, I couldn't find the word for algae when I wrote it up. If you need more shots just tell me. (Of other things, that is)

9. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

I keep wishing that I'd gone with something shorter XD. Griseus would have done nicely.

---

Seriously though, I gotta say that I like having you around Ted. You're level headed, intelligent, and creative. This application reminded me =D.

Bankercat3 likes this.
  10. the_amber_trap

I feel terrible. I didn't even realize this was your submission for Creative permissions. Yeah, you're approved, go ahead. Just let Pawned know the next time you see him on. Staff can poke him if need be.

11. Tedx68racing

Lawl! AMBER! XD

12. Tedx68racing

Well that's one way to put it. XD. Thank you for the kind words. ^_^

13. lokikh

lokikh Active Member

I'm in favour of this application, I've seen your home in the last map and your work here shows individuality and improvement. Hope you make it through ted

14. the_amber_trap

...I already approved him...

15. lokikh

lokikh Active Member

haha, sorry amber, didn't see that =P