Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks! (sign if you agree)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fearsomegenie, 20 Aug 2012.

?

Do you feel grateful for this server?

1. I'll be naming my firstborn after an admin. (Kindergarten will be hard, but totally worth it.)

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. My soul is a dark infestation of hatred and malice. I feel cold and empty, and I drool alot.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

Hey, I just wanted to express a little gratitude. It's been a real thrill to be on this server and to be in the company of the pawncraftians. Over the couple months that I've played here I've been impressed by all of the hard work that goes into keeping things enjoyable. Blood, sweat and tears go into pawncraft 24/7. It's easy to get help for any problem, even the trivial kind. Trouble makers are put in line or kicked out. Mods that enhance the minecraft experience are constantly sought out, updated, and reevaluated. There's even a second server running for the odd pawncrafter that likes the tech mods.

Aside from all of that there are two recent things that have made me realize how much effort is put into this server: 1. The map change: a lot of time was taken to make the transfer smooth. A chest complex was made available, buildings were copied at request, and spawn was created over the space of several weeks of intense effort.
    2. The server upgrade: It was obvious by the periodic updates that Star had to put a lot of personal time into the upgrade. And who knows what money or other resources he had to pour in? Someone even made a server available so that nobody would have to make their own fun for a day or two. Finally, after the hardware was running pawned tweaked the mods to fix the server lag.
    After all this, I don't really think that there's been a lot of gratitude expressed for the work done.

I guess what I'm saying is that the owners, founder, and admins love this server a lot and they put in the kind of effort that's required to keep it a great place to play, and they take into account not only what they enjoy, but what they think a majority of their players will enjoy. They're easy to approach. They take suggestions. They weather harsh criticism occasionally. And they do it because they want us to have fun.

So here's the bottom line: Thanks, all y'all hard working folks on the forefront and in the background alike. I like what you've done, and I like what you're doing; and I think that I'm not the only one. At the end of the day, every day, you've made somebody's day a little more enjoyable.

Rock on!

Axelmotley, Bankercat3, hmor8 and 3 others like this.
  2. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

Thank you very much. There are several people working hard to keep this server going just so a reprobate like me can pretend to do a bit of work and claim credit for all of it.
    However, let me say that the community on the whole is a big part of what makes this server so enjoyable. After all, what Pawned, StarScore, Axel and the rest of us do would be kind of pointless if there wasn't anyone to come to the server and play.

3. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

4. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

Not my first born.. But my second kitten is named Amber?

Close enough.jpg?

the_amber_trap likes this.
  5. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thank you for this post. It's not often that we get thanked for our hard work, but it's greatly appreciated when we do. And as Amber said, the community really do help a lot to make the server all that more enjoyable.

Axelmotley likes this.
  6. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Yes, thanks for this!

7. Sushimitzu

Sushimitzu Enthusiast

In fact, I see Pawncraft as nothing but a nice community. Then again, I never play.

8. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

My only complaint about the admins is that they don't say "Admin powers: ACTIVATE!!!!!" whenever they use World-Edit. That'd be pretty funny, just saying xP

But in all seriousness, good job.

TheRowan likes this.
  9. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

You don't know how much I appreciate hearing that. The server would not be as awesome as it is without the community and staff working together. I can't wait to see what the coming months brings us :). Thank you for the thank you. :D

10. SlugBoyTom

SlugBoyTom Slimy, yet satisfying Staff Member

I'm hoping I won't seem big headed by hitting the first option there, as I'd like to join you in thanking my fellow admins for their hard work and dedication. They've all still got huge ambitions for changes to the server and I can't wait until they're implemented. There are so many lovely people out there who go above and beyond for you guys, and it really helps just giving them the appreciation once in a while. Thanks, other staff, of every level!

11. Bankercat3

Bankercat3 Master Banker

I wasn't able to help out transferring buildings and such to 1.3, and it was an immense amount of work. All the staff members who did that, great job. You're the reason people come back and continue to enjoy themselves! All of you give yourselves a pat on the back.

12. tweet

tweet Member

How do I vote for both? And exclude the drooling part?

It is an awesome community, which is more important than any plugin, number of players etc etc
    And the new world is great, with an incredible amount of planning, building and tweaking obviously having gone into the spawns and surrounding areas.

Thank you.