1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

The 1.3 Pekkit Carryover

Discussion in 'Pekkit Server Discussion' started by AlexKM, 24 Jul 2012.

?

Should the Pekkit server also get a chest complex to carry over some of our items onto 1.3?

1. Yes.

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. AlexKM
    • Donator

AlexKM Active Member VIP

Hello. My name is Alex. I have been a member of Pawncraft for a long time now. I've been here since the times of the meteor crater and I spent a great deal of time building up the colony in the main server.
    My and a couple of my friends ran as soon as humanly possible to the edges of the generated map and set our things up there.
    When the Pekkit server arrived, I didn't just defect to it knavishly. I didn't "abandon" the Pawncraft community. I had lost my "tribe members" to disinterest and real life conflicts and thus I was alone, stranded on a rock in the skies above Crimbo Isle.

I migrated. I downloaded Tekkit, and soon after joined Pekkit. I was mesmerised. It took me days to even begin to comprehend the new mechanics and environment. It was beautiful. Back then when we only had redstone we tried to make things as industrious as possible, as modular and wonderfully scientific as we could. But now everything we dreamed of was a few stacks of iron away. The minor Equivalent Exchange setback didn't discourage us. We gave in to it too quickly to regret losing the tons of diamonds we had produced. The wipe came as something of a surprise, but I regretted nothing. Now that it was all as balanced as it could get, I got down to business. A friend joined soon after.
    Me and Andrew started mining like never before. We mined. We set up some basic tech. We were on our way.

But then we realised. We were almost alone there. Why?

Why would such hardcore fans of Tekkit abandon their own world? The reset. The 1.3 reset would come upon this server eventually too, but we would lose everything. Because of the full wipe, some people stopped playing here. Because these people moved away, many (including some of the most influential people of the community) started saying that Pekkit is dying.

This snowballed into people abandoning Pekkit specifically because "they heard it was dying anyway". They didn't even know about the reset. It all snowballed because of one fact. There would be no chest complex on the Tekkit world.
    I am here to request the building of a chest complex on Pekkit. We are not disparate from the Pawncraft community. We are as much a part of it as are those from the old server. Many of us still go on the charming, true-to-its-roots Pawncraft. I'm sure that if we got to carry even a minimal amount of items to the next map Pekkit would be revived fully. We would start building there again and we would start creating amazing things like we did on the very day Pekkit came online.

For the sake of the community, please support the building of a chest complex. I would like to think that we deserve one too.
    marcis likes this.
  2. Portrend
    • Donator

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

I agree, I think Pekkit should have a carry-over, to an extent I also agree that a reset would be in order. Pekkit never had an official launch or staff that could maintain it. Maybe we need a dedicated staff team for Pekkit?
  3. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

One is being made.
  4. AlexKM
    • Donator

AlexKM Active Member VIP

Wh-... Really? I thought everyone was indecisive about it

Well, it's official then. Rejoice!

Thank you very much, Pawned.
  5. Morganathon

Morganathon He Who Likes Trains

Very well written. I suppose I agree with this, and I'm sure somebody will have the complex done soon. Cheers, Alex.
    AlexKM likes this.
  6. Pawned

Pawned Founder Staff Member

Top Poster Of Month

You can get to the chest complex by doing /home Pawned - you will need to make and place the iron doors and chests yourself (due to using LWC rather than Lockette), and put a sign above the door to indicate it's your room.

Rooms will be monitored. No more than 3 double chests!
  7. overlord213
    • Donator

overlord213 VIP VIP

Is there going to be any restrictions on what you can transfer?
  8. Morganathon

I'd assume not.
  9. Tootitbootit
    • Donator

Tootitbootit The flying Dutchman! RAINBRO

I'd like to tell you all :

It will probably take weeks, if not months, for the technicpack staff to update Technickpack / Tekkit, but this is indeed a good idea! :)

Also, Pawned, is there any place to apply for Pekkit staffmember? Or is the staffteam just being created from active staffmembers?
  10. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

Joy =). Now just pray that your advanced machine's don't turn to advanced machine blocks when you gather them up for the distant future move XD.

Thanks pawned.
  11. Morganathon

It's being formed from those who would like to go. When Pekkit gets more buzz I'm sure we will assign an official staff. For now it is fairly small and fine as is.
  12. tunesnatcher

tunesnatcher Active Member

I wish I had thought of that when I blew up my house. : \
    fearsomegenie likes this.
  13. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

My condolences, tune.