Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Third times the charm?

Discussion in 'Creative Applications' started by samuel.torbert1, 10 Jun 2012.

1. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

Ok The_amber_trap I thought about what you said and i thought about what you said and I came up with some more pixel art and i think you will like thesea-lot better than the last ones . If you need more just tell me because ive got more where these came from!

Attached Files:

2. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

First of all, and I should have said this in the last thread, you don't need to keep making new threads. It's all the same application, and I prefer being able to see what you've posted chronologically.

Second, while spheres in Minecraft aren't exactly ordinary, there's nothing about yours to suggest it is any more than a ball of wool. The schematics for orbs are easy to find, and so I'm not entirely sure how that shows me that you are creative. If you had used it in a unique way as part of a building or made it a ball of lava that hid a secret room in the middle, I might be more impressed. As it is, that's not even a terribly large ball of wool, and it's something that you could do easily with world edit in your own single player game.

The sword shows distinct promise. I like the use of planks for a leather-wrapped hilt, but it's sort of flat on the whole. I'll review your other applications to decide on a course of action.

3. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

ok you want a bigger ball I,ll give you one.(p.s.sorry about the multiple threads thing.)

4. the_amber_trap

It's not the fact that it's small, it's the sheer pointlessness of it.
    Why on earth is it creative to make a sphere of whatever random material you happen to use? Show me innovative redstone, complex architecture, intricate pixel/voxel art, or well-appointed interiors.

5. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

Are you saying you want to see some more of my redstone creations?

6. Miralynn

Miralynn Kitten with Claws VIP RAINBRO

He wants to see something interesting.

7. Axelmotley

Axelmotley The Dementor Staff Member

Show us something unique. Some of these things you are building are stuff anyone can build. Think OUTSIDE of the box.

8. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

i thought about what you said and here is what i came up with..... 2012-06-10_14.38.00.png 2012-06-10_14.09.04.png 2012-06-10_14.09.17.png 2012-06-10_14.37.08.png 2012-06-10_14.38.00.png 2012-06-10_14.09.04.png 2012-06-10_14.09.17.png 2012-06-10_14.37.08.png 2012-06-10_14.38.00.png

9. Miralynn

The first pic is the near exact replica of the spawn at Creative.

10. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

really? hu,I,was thinking about a person running and I thought the dispenser would make a good head. great minds think a like I !
    look at the one in the creative, i didnt see it before.

11. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

,you were right,that is freaky, I never saw that , weird.

12. the_amber_trap

Samuel, I see you're trying, and because of this it pains me to say that what you're doing is too much like a doodle or a scribble as opposed to a masterpiece. I understand that you have limited resources in survival, but that doesn't mean you can't hit up your own creative map in single player and crank out something amazing. These are little blurbs, hardly worth the effort of taking the screenshot. If you want to show off some redstone, I can't just see a couple of pistons working; I want to see a snarl of wiring that leads to something mindblowing. If you're showing off your building skills, it can't be some dinky little thing or a featureless box; you need to show that you have some creative juices in order to show that you will utilize our creative map to the best possible ends. I don't want that map littered with random boxes and spheres.
    Of all the work you've shown, the pixel art is the best, but it's still not enough. Think on an positively grand scale. Look at the video Crink made to see examples of construction projects that would be impressive enough for me. I know you can do it, it'll just take a little time.

13. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

you could try and make a self building house out of redstone... that way you wouldnt need to actually build it yourself...

14. Portrend

Portrend Builder VIP RAINBRO

If I was admin, creative apps would have to include players blowing their house up. If they didn't they weren't willing enough!

Superdood likes this.
  15. TheRowan

TheRowan Well-Known Member VIP

thats probably why your not one

Superdood and Portrend like this.
  16. samuel.torbert1

samuel.torbert1 Member

ok i will work on something big.............................ive got it!!!!!!!

17. Miralynn