Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice

Tis' I!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tedx68racing, 12 Jul 2012.

1. Tedx68racing

Tedx68racing Active Member

I know that 85% of the active members have at least heard of me before. But I thought I'd do an introduction thread anyway.

My name is Ted Hough. I've been a race-driver for about three years now, and that coupled with pawncraft take up the majority of my time. I love to build bridges and stone. I also love farming in MC. I'm decent at PvP and mob hunting.Although, you know, there's always someone better. I don't get mad very often, and try to keep cool. I've only been a member of one other survival server, and it was a pretty n00b server, too. So now I'm here and here I am. i've never been an admin, and I have not donated yet due to a lack of money. But I'll be glad to once it's avalible. I like to help most of the newer player and like to go mining and mob killing with my friends. I LOVE to jump off the Epica Trade Centre, because I like the Mcmmo plugins. I've also been attempting to be more active in the forums and server latley. I've ready all the rules, and been keeping up with all the new server developments. SO I hope I can be enjoyable and helpful to you all! BYE BYE!!!!!

*Boop, do do do do do do do do do sub-scribe!*

2. jkerr

jkerr Builder, hermit VIP RAINBRO Ancient

Welcome!

3. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

What do you race?

4. Tedx68racing

5. the_amber_trap

I'd have moved on too, those little carts look fun, but not nearly as much as a real car. How long have you been doing that? How many different tracks do you get to race on?

6. Tedx68racing

This year is only my 2nd year racing anything. Everyone thought I'd been racing for a good three or four years with the way I ran last year. But now that I'm in a legends, AND only my second season, I've turned into a 50% of the field car. But I'm happy to be doing as good as I am. And feel blessed with every step.

Edit: New tires for today! Gona go give them some HELL!

Results on http://www.mylaps.com/index.jsp

Go the the bottom of the page > stock car racing > more results > Look for most recent date at "Elko Speedway, Mn"

My gear ratio for Raceway park exploded so now I'm grounded to one track for a few weeks. But we're working on it.

7. the_amber_trap

At least you have a track. I'd try to get into it, but there isn't anything close enough to get a start with.

I couldn't find anything for Elko, but that might be my problem.

Sorry to hear about your gears. How'd you do that? What tires are you racing?

8. Tedx68racing

Well we had an off week. But I can post video links eventually.

As far as the gear? Shit happens, #1 rule in motor racing. On the 14th my engine threw the crank shaft with seven laps left. So I'll have the new one in by friday. As for the tires, those are uniquely made for this series, so they need to be ordered from the governing body themselves, or through your regional dealer. Which is mine took a month to get. I'm learning though, so it'll be all good eventually.

9. the_amber_trap

Seriously? You had to wait a month for new rubber? That seems a bit poorly planned on the side of the governing body. Shouldn't you have new tires for every race, or is that just in the upper echelons of professional racing?

10. Tedx68racing

Well. It's a specialy made tire. And it's very expensive to have new tread every week, adn since it's made to be "afordable" racing, the tires are made to last about half a season insted of half a month.

11. the_amber_trap

What's the track like? Is it just a speed ring, or does it actually take a bit more finesse?

12. Tedx68racing

There's a few we run at. The one I'm racing at tomorow is the easier track. But it's a lot faster and there's room for side by side racing. Once I saw three-wide for about five laps. And we typicaly run two-wide, three rows deep, for 10 to 15 laps at a time.

13. the_amber_trap

Mostly ovals though?

14. Tedx68racing

Only. It's a whole different list of modifacations to the car to run the road tours that the series runs. But I'm looking into a few diferent road series.

15. the_amber_trap

I'd kill to have a decent road course nearby. Actually, I'd kill to have any road course near me.

16. fearsomegenie

fearsomegenie Active Member

Ted rocks. 'Nough said.

Tedx68racing likes this.
  17. Tedx68racing

^ MY "Feature" race from last week. (features are the points-paying championship races, there's also 2 qualifying "heats")

Once tonight's is up I'll post it, The difference is amazing from my first race (17th and 1 lap behind) the this race, and you'll have to see tonights. It's awesome! xD

18. the_amber_trap

That seems like a really short oval. How fast can you generally manage to go around it? How long are the races?

19. Tedx68racing

Lap record in these cars was 87.50-ish average speed. (was a 15.7 second lap) and my friend Kyle (who set it) was going about 105 into the corner before braking. I'm doing about 16.5's in that video. And yesterday I was doing 16.1's and got my first top-5 finish.

The heat races are 8-10 laps depending on the schedule for that day. And Feature races are typicaly 20 laps long.

20. Tedx68racing

This is the shorter of the two tracks that we run, as you can see, it's impossibly slippery and I'm not too good here, but I'm waiting for the Elko Speedway race from last night to upload.

Edit: (I love that GIF sig btw: "YOU ROAST-BEEF!"