Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

Wait, this is a thing?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by the_amber_trap, 26 Nov 2011.

1. the_amber_trap

the_amber_trap Calm down so I can be the angry one. Staff Member

I don't really know why the only members I see posting these are the ones I already know, but I figure that I may as well jump on the bandwagon before it gets too crowded. After all, I've been sick and MIA for a while, so maybe there are people who've either forgotten about me or haven't had the chance to be offended yet.

I'm old. How old? I'm married and we have three children. My oldest is six. That's how old.

I'm currently working on my third or fourth career. I started as a loser (I'm still not sure I really outgrew that one) went on to attempt to be a photographer, gave up when the money ran out, then worked in various warehouse jobs to make ends meet. A friend joined the Navy and talked me into taking the entrance exam, and I wound up with the best possible job in the Navy, Photographer's Mate. I got to fly around in helicopters while everyone else was working, I got to watch every important operation, I was invited to ceremonies, and just about everyone on the ship wanted me to either photograph or design something for them. Sadly, the Navy had to go and ruin a good thing by mashing my rate with three other rates. After that, I realized there was no way I had the mindset or willpower to sign away more years of my life on the off chance that I would wind up in a decent command when it was obvious that most of the people I had to share my new rate with were fundamentally ignorant of anything that had to do with a camera or photography.
    It's probably important that I note here that I have little patience for stupidity, especially stupidity brought about by laziness. I ran into that a lot in the military.

Now that I've returned to my carefree, civilian lifestyle, I'm returning to higher education in order to find a career that won't suck. I don't quite think I've found it, but so far I've managed to figure out a whole mess of stuff I don't think I would like to do and a few things that I've enjoyed.
    I'm still playing with my camera, and I've recently found a real joy in sculpting (though it's nothing like what the term evokes in the contemporary art world), and the research trip I took to Finland was very rewarding, so I think I'd like to somehow marry my interest in life sciences with my love of the arts.

Unfortunately, all of this means that I get much less time to play games than I'd like. My family and my schooling take priority, though I frequently procrastinate on the latter.
    I've been playing Minecraft since sometime in alpha, though I can't remember exactly when I got it. Sometime later, iKickHobbits found out that I played and brought me to this wonderful server. I think that may have been October or November of last year. I helped build Chengshi, Shangchen, and then Undisturbia with him and I've thoroughly enjoyed the great builders we have here and the inventiveness of some of the designs I've seen.

tl;dr - I'm an old, angry, impatient lout with time management issues.

SupWithThat likes this.