Welcome to Pawncraft!

Want to become a part of our growing community? Sign up Today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. we are running version 1.12
    | Join us at IP: pawncraft.co.uk |
    Dismiss Notice
  3. There is trouble with our mail service and we are looking into it. For a backup solution mail will come from pawncraft@pfts.se and no-reply@pfts.se //StarScore
    Dismiss Notice

World Border: Please read.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawncraft, 27 Nov 2011.

By Pawncraft on 27 Nov 2011 at 14:16
  1. Pawncraft

Pawncraft Member

A world border will be implemented tomorrow. The border will be 10k blocks large and will be circular, rather than square, so if your creations or items are 10k blocks away from /spawn, you will never see them again.

Gather your stuff and move them some place else so that you do not lose them.

- Pawncraft Team

Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Pawncraft, 27 Nov 2011.

1. EpicCookieJar
      EpicCookieJar
      How can we know how far away we are from the centre of the map?
    2. Pawned
      Pawned
      The border is made from /spawn. Press F3 to see your coordinates.
    3. toxic2695
      toxic2695
      can u w8 1 more day cuz the server is to laggy right now for me to get my stuff
    4. swipe10
      swipe10
      May I ask what the point of this wall is?
    5. Pawned
      Pawned
      To stop people from making the world far too large. We've had instances in the past where people have just gone exploring 100k blocks away and thus made the world size extremely large (Over 3GB).

By implementing this border we not only eliminate that, but we bring a greater sense of being a community as well as having a nice, round map to look at on pawncraft.co.uk/xf/worldrender/

I'm also not sure what all the fuss is about, this gives you 10k blocks in each direction from spawn, so that's 40k blocks just from NESW, then you have all the combinations of NESW which when you think about it you have a lot of space to play around in and can still be secluded away from the community if you wish.

EDIT: Also, does anyone still need to move stuff?
    6. SlugBoyTom
      SlugBoyTom
      Pi x 10,000 x 10,000 to get the area, then x 128 becuase of world height gives you 40,212,385,920 blocks to work with
    7. Pawned
      Pawned
      If you've not moved your stuff already then you're out of luck. I'm implementing the world border now.
    8. tunesnatcher
      tunesnatcher
      I'm kinda pissed about this but I'm sure that if the world gets too crowded by peoples buildings, that pawned will move the border further away from the spawn.
    9. Pawned
      Pawned
      If 20 billion (That's just from bedrock to land, not including air blocks) blocks isn't enough for you to work with, then I'm not sure what I can do to please you.

In the event that the world gets too cramped (Which will be after MONTHS) then the border will be increased. Until then, stop complaining for no reason at all.

A 10k border is HUGE.